This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Play Store
Anyone able to get play store installed?
(04-27-2017, 04:21 PM)toyshop Wrote: Anyone able to get play store installed?

Yes, I got the Play Store working perfectly fine and even the Youtube app in 1080p.

All it is needed is to activate developer mode and get a root shell:
Code:
adb connect 192.168.1.x
adb root
adb connect 192.168.1.x
adb shell

and mount /system writable:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /system

Then copy the PlayStore, Google Play Services and Google Services Framework apks to /system/priv-app. Those apks can be downloaded from apkmirror. The files I used were:

Google Services Framework 6.0.1: com.google.android.gsf_6.0.1-23_minAPI23(nodpi).apk 
Google Play Store 7.9.30:        com.android.vending_7.9.30.Q-all_0_PR_157075589-80793000_minAPI14(240,320,480dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
Google Play services 11.0.55:    com.google.android.gms_11.0.55_(430-156917137)-11055430_minAPI23(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk 

Code:
adb push playstore.apk /system/priv-app/
adb push playservices.apk /system/priv-app/
adb push gsf.apk /system/priv-app/

Unzip the PlayServices apk and copy the libraries to the tinkerboard to prevent errors:
Code:
unzip com.google.android.gms_11.0.55_(430-156917137)-11055430_minAPI23(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk
cd lib/armeabi-v7a
adb push libAppDataSearch.so /system/lib/
adb push libconscrypt_gmscore_jni.so /system/lib/
adb push libgcastv2_base.so /system/lib/
adb push libgcastv2_support.so /system/lib/
adb push libgmscore.so /system/lib/
adb push libgoogle-ocrclient-v3.so /system/lib/
adb push libjgcastservice.so /system/lib/
adb push libleveldbjni.so /system/lib/
adb push libsslwrapper_jni.so /system/lib/
adb push libvcdiffjni.so /system/lib/
adb push libwearable-selector.so /system/lib/
adb push libWhisper.so /system/lib/

Then reboot and go to the android settings, apps and give all the permissions to the apks installed.

The following commands should also be executed on the tinkerboard to prevent occasional Google Play Services errors:
Code:
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

Tested on TinkerOS Android V13.11.0.4.

Hope it helps.
alucao, which gapps are you using? maybe you can share the link?
thanks i got it to work
youtube works great at 720p

from apkmirror i used the NODPI and ARM files for android 6 or higher

used "minimal ADB and fastboot" on my pc, to get ADB installed

you can use

adb install -r ???.apk to upgrade a package

or

adb install -r -d ???.apk to downgrade an install

I had to do this, since the first version of google play services i installed, complained about needing to be updated

just installed the planet rock app, the sound quality is great
Z80,

Could you please share the exact versions that you used to get this to work please? I just get a constant "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" message.

Thanks.
(05-01-2017, 07:09 PM)arclight Wrote: Z80,

Could you please share the exact versions that you used to get this to work please? I just get a constant "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" message.

Thanks.

Use adb logcat to see what the error is. In my case I had to give extra gps permissions to the gms app:

Code:
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION
pm grant com.google.android.gms android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION

A less frequent error was the gms libraries not being found. For this I extracted the gms apk libraries to /system/lib manually.

You can solve all the errors, it should really run without any problems.
ASUS Tinker Board - Android - Installing Google Play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjMKLt3CyaE
Also here:
Asus Tinker Board How To Install Google Play On Android Build
from ETA PRIME
https://youtu.be/rGouJV1CJnE
so i keep getting a ton of errors after installing the play store on the latest andriod build. i want to send the log but its ridiculously long with all the errors.
Don't be afraid. This installation is not "that easy".

When you are playing with android for years, you're lucky. If not, even following various methods : no one is working fine !!! If you find the right step by step, just let me know. After spending 1 1/2 days on that, I give up. I will retry once it is REALLY simple, and a step by step is really available. Because, tutorials with non reliable files, or tutorials with "That worked for me, you should be able to do it without any problem, just run this command, and that command..."...MMmmmm Did you really try to re-run your tutorial ????
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArnaudCHRISTEL's post:
  • souejiro