This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to add the GPIO to Pycharm
Hello everyone!

I'm starting to play with the Tinker Board GPIOs, and i already managed to blink LEDs directly creating python files and running them at the terminal.

However, i would like to program and control the GPIOs with the Pycharm IDE.

So, how do i install the Tinker Board GPIOs in the Pycharm IDE? I have already tried to just run the following program at Pycharm:

import ASUS.GPIO as GPIO
import time

GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD)
GPIO.setwarnings(False)

led = 37

GPIO.setup(led, GPIO.OUT)

try:
    while True:
        GPIO.output(led, 1)
        time.sleep(0.5)
        GPIO.output(led, 0)
        time.sleep(0.5)

finally:
    GPIO.cleanup()

And it shows me:

/home/northeastern/PycharmProjects/Projeto/venv/bin/python /home/northeastern/PycharmProjects/Projeto/Projeto.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/northeastern/PycharmProjects/Projeto/Projeto.py", line 1, in <module>
    import ASUS.GPIO as GPIO
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ASUS'

Process finished with exit code 1

I supose the GPIOs are not "installed" on Pycharm.

I run the program at terminal in both python 2.7 and 3.6.

Thank you!
First off, you must be root to access the GPIO.
How do you run pycharm?
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin