This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eMMC/SD booting problem
Hi there,
I've got a promblem with my Tinker Board S. It has a TinkerOS on it, but I don't know where exactly it is installed (whether it is eMMC or external SD card). The problem is that I can't install a new OS on it. When I connect the SBC to my computer with the SD card plugged in, it is seen as Linux UMS device with the size of ~16 Gb. But my SD card is 64 Gb. If I flash it w/etcher or Win32 Disk Imager, it doesn't help. The TinkerOS' previous version and all its data is still there. If I connect it without SD card, it is seen as Unknown Device. Trying to turn it on in this way gives practically the same result: the red LED is shining, but there is no signal on HDMI. Jumper changes don't help. What can I do to solve this problem?
It might be of your interest to read this and its relevant discussion.

It advisable to use something that is able to read the extfs. First is linux OS or a program like ext2fsd. So you may understand what is written on the TBS.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin