This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OS image decompression error on OS/X
Has anyone had this error while decompressing the OS image from ASUS on OS/X? (El Capitan, 10.11.2), unzip 5.52 by Info-ZIP. I have downloaded the file using Chrome, Safari, Firefox and even wget and receive the same results.

csadmins-mbp-2:TinkerBoard dyoung2$ unzip 20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip 
Archive:  20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip
warning [20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip]:  76 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
error [20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip]:  reported length of central directory is
  -76 bytes too long (Atari STZip zipfile?  J.H.Holm ZIPSPLIT 1.1
  zipfile?).  Compensating...
   skipping: 20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.img  need PK compat. v4.5 (can do v2.1)

note:  didn't find end-of-central-dir signature at end of central dir.
  (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
  appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)

List the zip and get a similar response:

Archive:  20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip
warning [20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip]:  76 extra bytes at beginning or within zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
error [20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.zip]:  reported length of central directory is
  -76 bytes too long (Atari STZip zipfile?  J.H.Holm ZIPSPLIT 1.1
  zipfile?).  Compensating...
  Length     Date   Time    Name
 --------    ----   ----    ----
4294967295  04-17-17 17:40   20170417-tinker-board-linaro-stretch-alip-v1.8.img
 --------                   -------
4294967295                   1 file

note:  didn't find end-of-central-dir signature at end of central dir.
In case anyone else comes across this, both unzip and the OS/X archive utility are unable to decompress the version 1.8 zip from ASUS. The following are other ways it can be done:

Using ditto: ditto -x -k <zip> .
Using tar: tar xvf <zip>

If you have brew installed, install 7-Zip (brew install p7zip) then: 7za x <zip>

7-Zip was the fastest one on my Macbook.

Not sure what the actual cause is, if I figure it out I'll report it to ASUS.