This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASUS OS support
Tongue 
Hiya,

I am doing some development work on this board and miss an update of the OS and firmware.
Has ASUS really got any developers behind this board or to they use subcontractors like Linaros??

If they don’t want to support this product's OS , can I suggest they give some financial support to ARMBIAN so they can continue developing this product.'s OS.

ARMBIAN has stopped developing and supporting your board because you, ASUS, have stopped supporting it a long time ago and never given any sponsorship to ARMBIAN community!

Maybe ASUS should just help with more info and technical support to ARMBIAN ...
I seems to me that as they stated as an open source project all the development might be by the user themselves.
They OS is not one of their child, but a conjunction with linaro.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(01-19-2020, 11:57 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: I seems to me that as they stated as an open source project all the development might be by the user themselves.
They OS is not one of their child, but a conjunction with linaro.

So, we have to find our own OS for this board?
I found lots of them by googling and the most diverse ones are by ELAR Systems...
I also have installed Arch Linux on the tinker.... Angel
> diverse ones are by ELAR Systems

= TinkerOS kernel remixed with different application versions, wallpaper,shell. Everything that doesn't work here, doesn't work there as well ...
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
(01-20-2020, 09:15 AM)sanitarium Wrote: I also have installed Arch Linux on the tinker.... Angel
I'm struggled to solve last update, with Arch. The kernel dies at the very first milliseconds.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
This is talking about Tinker Board or Tinker Edge T Huh Huh
Is that OS supported?
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.