This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7" Screen Seperate Power But No Touch
Hello,

I apologies if this has been addressed before, but I can't seem to find anything.

I have a tinker board and a generic 7" capacitive touch screen jobby (Specific brand is Elecrow). 

I'm running android on the TB and the screen works great, with power to the board and a usb cable from the TB to the screen, until I try and load google maps or do anything too intense. When I try to do this the board crashes and restarts. I believe this is a power issue as I have tried it plugged into my PC screen and it works fine and when I power the screen separately. The only issue is that when I power the screen separately (power via usb to board, power via usb to screen and usb from board to screen) the touch no longer works.

Has anyone experienced this and found a way of powering both the tinker board and screen and still having the touch?
You could try an Y-Cable. One male side with two communication wires goes to TB, one male side with power wires goes to extra power adapter and the female side goes to your lcd.
(02-02-2020, 10:47 AM)lobo Wrote: You could try an Y-Cable. One male side with two communication wires goes to TB, one male side with power wires goes to extra power adapter and the female side goes to your lcd.

Thanks, i'll give this a go.