This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware accelerated GLES without X
Hi folks!  Has anyone had any luck enabling hardware acceleration without X?  I've followed instructions on the Debian website for installing mali graphics (wiki.debian.org/MaliGraphics), but run into a wall when it comes to linux header files.  I've also downloaded ARM binary drivers (developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/graphics-and-gaming/mali-drivers/user-space), but find no guidance on what to do with them.

I'm largely OS-neutral, have tried TinkerOS and Armbian both with X present but disabled, and without it altogether.  The Debian route seems to get close, but I'm using egl code for surface access, and EGL got removed with the mali install, and I'm not finding a suitable replacement.

Again: I'm looking for hardware accelerated OpenGL EX 3.X, WITHOUT a desktop...ever.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
TinkerOS is relying on closed binary drivers while Armbian provides both variants. Also provides kernel headers and active forum support https://forum.armbian.com/ ... being OS neutral can easily cost you months, a year Wink

Personally I don't deal much with 3D / GL stuff so I can't point you where to look further. Kernel wise, some support is present:
https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/ma...4194-L4195
but dunno if that is enough.

When it comes to opensource 3D support, this forum has little to do with it.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.