This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BYOBU
I like using byobu as my terminal of choice.  After installing it I would have expected a shortcut to be created as it is on all other distribution of linux I use.

However, one is not created, or is not visible.  Anyone experience this issue?
i have byobu too, it work fine but yes the desktop icon is not here just a symlink of /usr/share/applications/byobu.desktop to /usr/share/applications/byobu.desktop.old not present
(05-02-2017, 04:38 PM)H2L29 Wrote: i have byobu too, it work fine but yes the desktop icon is not here just a symlink of /usr/share/applications/byobu.desktop to /usr/share/applications/byobu.desktop.old not present

Well this is an easy fix, and I am sure it will be fixed in a future revision of the Os. I just hope that Asus can get enough of interest to support it better.  I know I am watching the product close and doing some extensive digging into the device.  I have discovered several features and differences that th completer does not have.  However, this competitor has a wide support that is mature and have fantastic members who know the devices well.  

Several things were wrong.  I did the following to fix it.

1. The existing file is a broken symlink, you first need to fix the symlink or simply copy the .desktop file  cp --remove-destination /usr/share/byobu/desktop/byobu.desktop .

2. I had to change the Exec line to Exec=env TERM=xterm byobu
3. I had to add Terminal=true

Time will tell, and even if the support is smaller then the others in the market, this device has some potential that I have already found uses for.