This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serial console not working
I have connected the Tinker Edge T to MacBook Pro using a usb c cable. Using screen </dev/device> 115200 is blank. Also, mdt devices or mdt shell is not able to find it.
(02-16-2020, 02:38 AM)naveen Wrote: I have connected the Tinker Edge T to MacBook Pro using a usb c cable. Using screen </dev/device> 115200 is blank. Also, mdt devices or mdt shell is not able to find it.

Default serial console is from 40-pin header (also it is the only way) that located on pin 8 (for UART_TX), pin 10 (for UART_RX), suggest to use a "UART to USB" cable to connect from 40-pin header to PC for serial port function. No serial port function through USB C port on Tinker Edge T board.

Thanks.
(02-18-2020, 08:28 AM)Jared_Kung Wrote:
(02-16-2020, 02:38 AM)naveen Wrote: I have connected the Tinker Edge T to MacBook Pro using a usb c cable. Using screen </dev/device> 115200 is blank. Also, mdt devices or mdt shell is not able to find it.

Default serial console is from 40-pin header (also it is the only way) that located on pin 8 (for UART_TX), pin 10 (for UART_RX), suggest to use a "UART to USB" cable to connect from 40-pin header to PC for serial port function. No serial port function through USB C port on Tinker Edge T board.

Thanks.

Thanks, I will try soon. By the way how to connect USB to ethernet?
(02-18-2020, 09:37 AM)naveen Wrote:

Thanks.

Do you need a USB to Ethernet adapter to connect to a network? Or you need set Tinker Edge T as a network Card for USBNET function?
(02-20-2020, 03:10 AM)Jared_Kung Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 09:37 AM)naveen Wrote:

Thanks.

Do you need a USB to Ethernet adapter to connect to a network? Or you need set Tinker Edge T as a network Card for USBNET function?

I want to connect to Tinker Edge T ethernet over usb connection to ssh.
Hi Naveen,

The below link will be helpful to your required. Please check, thanks.

https://coral.ai/docs/dev-board/mdt/
Thanks, I will try soon
Excellent share
The most common cause of serial port communication problems is incorrect communication parameter settings. To operate correctly it is essential that both devices are set up with the same communication parameters, which includes baud rate, parity, number of data bits, and number of stop bits.