This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fedora on Tinkerboard-s
Big Grin 
Hello guys
I'm new around here
Quick question has anyone tried to install Fedora OS on Tinkerboard-s ?
Big Grin
Cheers from Greece
I tried Arch Linux. But something is incomplete, Bluetooth for instance. Last kernel screwed up and I have to find the way to access the system for trying to change the offending kernel.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Im4Tinker's post:
  • Dawnvibe
If you wan to use this board, Armbian is a good choice.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
I installed Armbian on SD card, but I can't chroot on the eMMC. Device not found  Dodgy
That's one of the case which TBS has no solution yet.
(02-18-2020, 02:42 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: I installed Armbian on SD card, but I can't chroot on the eMMC. Device not found  Dodgy

You should flash it directly to eMMC via usb. It works perfectly fine (when you sort out powering)
[-] The following 1 user Likes igorpec's post:
  • Dawnvibe
This is hijack on the thread Tongue
I write a new one.
(02-18-2020, 06:22 PM)igorpec Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 02:42 PM)Im4Tinker Wrote: I installed Armbian on SD card, but I can't chroot on the eMMC. Device not found  Dodgy

You should flash it directly to eMMC via usb. It works perfectly fine (when you sort out powering)

Yeah guys you started new discussion

Kobuck from the Fedora-Forum said and I quote
"I just noticed that F31 now includes a "/usr/share/uboot/tinker-rk3288" entry if you have installed the "uboot-images-armv7" package.
Just looking at the names of the files they look promising to address the issues I mentioned in earlier post.
I won't be looking into this right now, but thought others might want to try."
End of quote...

That means the Developers from the Asus side are busting their asses to please 
All of us

Now can someone actively answer my question

Does Anyone in the Forum tried to install Fedora 31 OS Core ???

I want to use my Tinkerboard-S as a Desktop-PC 

p.s 
Please stop answering like
"Use Armbian-OS"
I believe the Developing-Team is trying it's best to fix any BUGS that exist in Tinker-OS-Debian release
Armbian has nothing to do with Tinker OS. Its not just bug-fixed Tinker OS. Its a complete OS also with improved mainline kernel. And yes, once again, use Armbian Smile ... if you just want to use Tinkerboard-S as anything. Fedora on PC will not be fully the same as Fedora on Tinkerboard ARM. Remember that ... after you complete the first step matching the correct DTB with the generic Fedora kernel.