This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Is it possible to schedule sleep and wake up commands?
SOLVED: rtcwake works good, doesn't seem to support 'disk' state but for me that's just a minor issue
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/cosm...ake.8.html

I want to build a Tinker Board-based ground station for weather satellite reception. The whole thing will be self-contained and solar-powered, with data offloading through our home WiFi network (station would be in the backyard, WiFi through directional panel antennas).
There will be multiple satellite passes each day, and I want the TB to wake up at the start of each pass, download and process the data, and then go to sleep again.
Is this possible? In other terms, basically I want the TB to wake up every hour or so, do some stuff for about 15 minutes, upload some stuff over WiFi, and then go to sleep again.
Are there any good ways to make a sleep/wake schedule? (technically I only need a wake-up schedule, sleep times will depend on how long the data processing will take)
I want to code most of the stuff in Python 3
I don't think is possible. You should need a battery that have to stand a pick of 3 Amps. So it should have a good time to be recharged, if the day is sunny enough.
The sleep might not lead low enough to a level to draw less than 100 mA. Just guess.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(03-19-2020, 02:40 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: I don't think is possible ...

Ok so I've been playing with it a little bit and it turns out that the TinkerBoard comes with built-in rtcwake in TinkerOS which seems to work flawlessly, except it can't save data to SD card and can only suspend to RAM, which isn't an issue for me.
TB can be suspended and told to wake up at any given time with a single command! Exactly what I hoped for, it's going to greatly simplify the project (I though I'd need to store the schedule in an Arduino with a RTC module and then use that to control the TB)

EDIT: It's gonna use a full blown car battery as a backup, that should have no issues handling the Tinker Board Big Grin