This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TinkerOS-Android VGA-Monitor
Hi, i'm new at the Forum.
Bought a Tinkerboard S after working some time on my Raspberry's.

I've tried to get the Tinkerboard S to work with an old VGA monitor. After buying an HDMI to VGA adapter i get it to work with a Pi 3 after making some changes in the config.txt.

Connecting Tinkerboard S with attached HDMI to VGA Adapter always says 'Out of Range', the video signal is detected but no picture is showing up.

Is there a way to do the same on TinkerOs Android?
Where are the files or configs stored at and is there a chance of changing the video output to a VGA monitor?

Hope you can help me.
No one an idea?
(04-12-2020, 10:03 PM)Lukstil93 Wrote: No one an idea?

If you're able to connect to a workable monitor try changing the resolution in Advanced settings ( possibly lowering it )   and then switching back to the VGA .  I had the same issue with Android on a different Device (Phone) same UI/OS  and that worked -Hopefully This Helps!
Thank you Fesak1836 for your reply.
Tryed your suggested way just before posting my question here at the forum.
Seems that theres an issue with CEA and DMT monitor mode, like i said before i got that issue solved on my raspberry pi 3. Had to make some changes in raspberry configuration. After doing that all worked without any issues.
Maybe this issue get solved with new os image...
(04-16-2020, 12:26 PM)Lukstil93 Wrote: Thank you Fesak1836 for your reply.
Tryed your suggested way just before posting my question here at the forum.
Seems that theres an issue with CEA and DMT monitor mode, like i said before i got that issue solved on my raspberry pi 3. Had to make some changes in raspberry configuration. After doing that all worked without any issues.
Maybe this issue get solved with new os image...
  I hope so -    I am still going through an issue with an Android image only working on a smaller monitor (HDMI) and not working on any larger monitors(HDMI). I am using the older board and looking to root through DEV options /Termux because Android doesn't seem to have a config, unfortunately.
Some information says that that all needed device information such as e.g. monitor specs etc are stored at -》 build.prop
That fiile can be pulled with adb on a pc to get root permission and edit the values to fit the needs.
But be careful, only make a change when you know what youre doing. 
Greetings
Lukstil93,
I have some experience with this on an older Android TV stick (KitKat) and on the Tinkerboard S running Android 7.
You need to set up an ADB connection to the TB from your PC. Once you have a connection established and see a response to the "ADB Devices" command indicating the TB is connected, you can change the settings used to drive the HDMI screen with a shell command. Type "ADB Shell" into your pc command prompt, then you should see the "$" symbol indicating you are in the shell command mode. Then type "wm size" and you should see a response like "wm size: 1920x1080". Type "wm density" to see the present density. In a normal computer monitor, the monitor should output its monitor resolution to the computer (the TB in this case). With your HDMI converter it may not have the information to do this. In any event type in "wm size 640x480" to set the TB to VGA, you will also likely need to play with the density number as well. I understand the setting can be made permanent using the "persist" command otherwise it will be gone next time you boot. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the misleading information above, this worked when the monitor I was using had more resolution than my target display, However when I connected my target display with a 3by2 aspect ratio I was unable to adapt the Tinker Boards wide screen aspect ratio to fill my target display screen with the correct aspect ratio.