This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Release] Tinker Edge T Mendel OS Chef V1.0.0
Tinker Edge T Mendel OS Chef V1.0.0

Release Notes:
1. Add project PoseNet
2. Enable JoyStick related configs
3. Update the boot logo
4. Set pins from 40-pin header to GPIO by default

SHA256:
40b1f52d0a4b4ff1ad9139dcdf07adc5ef2408fa49bb20190eef2e5e14ecd1b0 (zip)

Download link:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Em...200221.zip
Thank you!  I now finally have my Tinker Edge T successfully booted to Mendel OS Chef v1.0.0, which is far more success than I had with with the Mendel OS 0.0.25 file set.  It had been frustrating when I first got the Edge T in mid February because I was never able to find the "readme" file that was hyped in the quickstart document... and I even thought I may have bricked the board after first trying to download the .img to it using Balena Etcher, then attempting to push the .img to it using command line in Linux (which is where I arrived at after searching on the file names and ending up on a Google site which had instructions on flashing similarly named filed to the Google Coral development board which looks more like the "original Edge T" [that was teased at the end of last May] than this production Edge T does)

Anyway, I had downloaded the files from Asus:
[Image: E7pWA6hm.png]

I followed the steps in the Getting Started section of the quickstart guide up to reaching Fastboot mode:

[Image: XveHuapm.png]

But this file set did have a readme.txt file:

[Image: GNXlMeom.png]

Following the readme, I ran the flash.cmd script from a Windows PC and the fan on the Tinker Edge T immediately started to toggle on/off and activity also showed up in the Windows console:

[Image: 7txKODjm.png]

After several minutes it was complete!  I unplugged the Edge T and powered it back up with a monitor attached and all was good.  

With the 0.0.25 version I had tried running the flash.cmd script but the results this time were immediate and obvious.

(04-08-2020, 07:56 AM)Tinker Board Wrote: Tinker Edge T Mendel OS Chef V1.0.0

Release Notes:
1. Add project PoseNet
2. Enable JoyStick related configs
3. Update the boot logo
4. Set pins from 40-pin header to GPIO by default

It appears Tinker Edge T Mendel OS Chef V1.0.0 is based on Google Mendel 3.0 like the previous Edge T Mendel release OS was.

"Chef" is 3.0 and "Day" is 4.0 according to the Google site.
1. Add project PoseNet