This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
[Release] Android 8.1 + Root + Google Play
I just installed it. It seems to work very well. This is a big milestone!! Great job!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jschwart's post:
  • chakaponden
congratulations first !, great news, I tested both .img here, but the two do not leave the android startup screen, it stays there several and several minutes and doesn’t start know what to say? I never had this problem, but this image here presents this problem.
Thank you.
I've had that with some SD cards and Android 7. It works from the eMMC here.
Thank you, Chakaponden. I will be playing with this this weekend!

Edit:

OK, played with it a little bit tonight. It does not look like Kodi is working. The screen turns black and just stays that way, no menus or anything "Kodi-like" happens. Also, if you could include a "power button" to shut it down, although it would be great to be given the option with the "power button" to either reboot or shutdown when you select it (the one included with the SlashTV version of Android 6 I use has that functionality). I found a power button on Google Play that works great to turn off the TB, but to have one included is a better idea, IMHO. One note: I hooked it up to my computer monitor which is not 4K just to get it all set up (in case I needed to look up something on the main computer) so I don't know how well it would do in 4K, but without Kodi, at least not yet, its a deal killer for me, so I did not try it on my 4K TV. I am glad I didn't flash my eMMC and instead booted from an SD card. I know this isn't the finished product and I do look forward to trying out other versions as you progress.

Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoobieTBUSer's post:
  • chakaponden
Thank you for the report, NoobieTBUSer.
Please, include logs if you can when you report bugs.
Code:
05-17 09:09:03.276  3607  3623 I mali_winsys: [File] : hardware/arm/maliT760/driver/product/android/winsys/mali_egl_winsys_android.cpp; [Line] : 346; [Func] : FrameSkipping_needSkipSwapBuffer;

05-17 09:09:03.276  3607  3623 I mali_winsys: got INVALID frames_num_of_section and frames_num_to_skip, frame_skipping would NOT be enabled.

The reason why kodi does not work is the graphics proprietary binary, there is nothing I can do to improve it's logic, but I can trick the library and make kodi work.
According power button: you can call "power button menu" by long pressing Android back button. And android back button can be called by mouse right button click.
I removed the original "Power button" application because it's first run is slow.
BTW, you can install "Power button" application manually, I attached the apk file "Tinkerpower.apk" to the first post.

So, I updated the firmware and the links in first post.
NoobieTBUSer, could you test it and share the result if kodi issue is fixed or not?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chakaponden's post:
  • NoobieTBUSer
(05-17-2020, 11:15 AM)chakaponden Wrote: Thank you for the report, NoobieTBUSer.
Please, include logs if you can when you report bugs.
Code:
05-17 09:09:03.276  3607  3623 I mali_winsys: [File] : hardware/arm/maliT760/driver/product/android/winsys/mali_egl_winsys_android.cpp; [Line] : 346; [Func] : FrameSkipping_needSkipSwapBuffer;

05-17 09:09:03.276  3607  3623 I mali_winsys: got INVALID frames_num_of_section and frames_num_to_skip, frame_skipping would NOT be enabled.

The reason why kodi does not work is the graphics proprietary binary, there is nothing I can do to improve it's logic, but I can trick the library and make kodi work.
According power button: you can call "power button menu" by long pressing back button, I removed the original "Power button" application because it's first run is slow.
BTW, you can install "Power button" application manually, I attached the apk file "Tinkerpower.apk" to the first post.

So, I updated the firmware and the links in first post.
NoobieTBUSer, could you test it and share the result if kodi issue is fixed or not?

OK, will do.  FYI, I did find a power button app on the Playstore that worked real well, it turned the TB right off, what I suggested was to have something included in the default apps that are included, but now that I know about the long press on the back button (is that a typical Android thing that I missed?  I.e. does that work on my Samsung Android tablet?), at least I can default to that. Smile (need a thumbs up emoji on this board)
Everything booted up fine, just like last time. I installed and was able to run Kodi on my computer monitor. I have placed it back in the room with a 4K TV to use tonight. Per my PM, I will report back to you and send you the logs.

Thank you for your help.
Also sleep mode work?

I jeard fromsome the have android for thinkerboard with sleep mode but not give out.

Anyone know how can make that?

Because then no boot need with 45 secounds boot time ?
With this Android8.1 HDMI output is black only. 
Monitor is 1366x768 resolution.
The other old android software works fine.
(05-21-2020, 09:04 AM)otani Wrote: With this Android8.1 HDMI output is black only. 
Monitor is 1366x768 resolution.
The other old android software works fine.

I used the latest version Chakaponden uploaded and it worked fine on my computer monitor, which is 2K resolution and also checked it on my TV which is 4K resolution and it output colors well.  It may be a bug at the resolution you used.  As I already PM'd Chakaponden the other day, the issue I had was Kodi would not play a 4K movie but played a DVD rip and a 1080p BR rip (both MKV files, the 4K was MP4) just fine, aside from having to make an adjustment to the sound output.