This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
[Release] Android 8.1 + Root + Google Play
hi all,
I also installed the image and worked perfect.
I also added a combo mic/headset to use skype and also connected to my emby server.
I will now try 4k streaming from my emby to my TV.

is it possible to connect an usb camera?
thanks  any way.
Kyriakos
I tested with my emby as well as with local 4k videos (over shared samda drive ) and played fine on my 4k LG.  I used vlc app as well as MX player.

for whom it is interested, I installed CetuspLay app (the only finally working after many searches) on my mobile phone, to make my phone a nice mouse pointer.

best
Kyriakos
PS: the only thing I am still missing is how to connect an external camera, either an usb or the official one.
Wink 
Hi, this ROM is fineundefined.
But I need to write on SD or USB storage and I can't do that because no file manager as authorized to write, only on eMMC.

How can I write on SD or USB ?

Thx
I salute the dev on this one its priceless the official 7 pi touchscreen works plus rooted I feel like a big kid
[-] The following 3 users Like chiefmoe617's post:
  • chakaponden, jschwart, NoobieTBUSer
(05-24-2020, 12:03 PM)tekyo11 Wrote: Hi, this ROM is fineundefined.
But I need to write on SD or USB storage and I can't do that because no file manager as authorized to write, only on eMMC.

How can I write on SD or USB ?

Thx

Not sure what you are asking.  If you mean you are trying to write it to an SD card to boot up, use Etcher, it will say that it does not appear to be a bootable image or something to that effect, but just go ahead and write it anyway, it will boot up just fine. 

If you are saying that you cannot write to another storage device like a thumbdrive, then I don't know, I did not try that, I was able to read from an inserted thumbdrive just fine, that's why I was able to play some movies to test Kodi and the default video player.
Thanks for the release it looks really good! No bugs to report. However because I use tinkerboard as a Shadow pc client, the hold down back button to access the power menu interferes with with the shadow client because the right mouse button is interpreted in Android as the back button, is there a way to turn that feature off and only use the Asus power apk?
Hi. Good job! I tried 8.1 on my 10,1"HDMI touch display with resolution 1280x800 but screen was black. On Other TV it was ok. Can you help me please?
I tried change resolution with terminal, but nothing changed. After I tried with apk "Easy DPI Charger" and resolution was changed on TV. I checked it in Terminal (wm size) and resolution was on 1280x800. But when I connected my display, screen was all the time black. Do you need any other information so you can help me?
Before I used 7.1.2 and everything was OK.
I have flashed this to an SD card and it works well, except that after the display goes to sleep and the red LED goes out, I can't get the device to wake up again by USB input devices (wired and wireless keyboards and mice). I think this is what TheOne was referring in an earlier post. Are others able to wake the board after its been asleep for a while?
(05-29-2020, 06:48 AM)cinaeco Wrote: I have flashed this to an SD card and it works well, except that after the display goes to sleep and the red LED goes out, I can't get the device to wake up again by USB input devices (wired and wireless keyboards and mice). I think this is what TheOne was referring in an earlier post. Are others able to wake the board after its been asleep for a while?

I've had that before, i followed these instructions from gizmodo 

You need to activate Developer Mode first (tap the Build number entry in the About phone menu in Settings seven times) and then choose Developer options from the Settings menu. Choose Stay awake and as long as your phone or tablet is plugged in, the screen won't go to sleep after a certain period of time.

so far its worked for me, but havent had a chance to really let it idle since i enabled
Can you add libGPS and other USB. Etc drivers and so on??

Regards
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheOne's post:
  • serlilo