This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.57 Average
[Release] Android 8.1 + Root + Google Play
(05-29-2020, 01:36 PM)EEconvert Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 06:48 AM)cinaeco Wrote: I have flashed this to an SD card and it works well, except that after the display goes to sleep and the red LED goes out, I can't get the device to wake up again by USB input devices (wired and wireless keyboards and mice). I think this is what TheOne was referring in an earlier post. Are others able to wake the board after its been asleep for a while?

I've had that before, i followed these instructions from gizmodo 

You need to activate Developer Mode first (tap the Build number entry in the About phone menu in Settings seven times) and then choose Developer options from the Settings menu. Choose Stay awake and as long as your phone or tablet is plugged in, the screen won't go to sleep after a certain period of time.

so far its worked for me, but havent had a chance to really let it idle since i enabled

I am not actively using 8.1 because it cannot quite do what I need it to do, yet, so I don't know how well this "solution" works with it, but i can tell you for Android 6 that it does not work.  I can sometimes get it to wake up by pressing the buttons on my BT keyboard, but it is extremely inconsistent and most times I end up pulling the power and restart it.  I hope that it works in this version of Android, once I can use Kodi reliably on it is worked out. 

But to Chakaponden, I would second having a specific setting so you don't necessarily have to go into Developer mode to disable the TB from sleeping.
it shows that the micro sd card is damage every reboot how can fix ?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheOne's post:
  • ugos
And where can get the source files or so that can build Kernel or whole image ?

Like at - from asus https://github.com/TinkerBoard/android-7.1.2_kernel but for 8.1 and other things - source to make custom Android .

to chnage boot logo and other things and add USB permissions etc make custom things.

also have you tutorial to make a IMage like you done or you only use WIN32 DiskImager and read SD to IMG ? or with linux
then i know how.

Regards
[-] The following 2 users Like TheOne's post:
  • cinaeco, pro777
Hello,

Can you please enable these kernel modules in the next release:
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_CP210X=y
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_FTDI_SIO=y
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_CH341=y
CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_PL2303=y

These are for libGPS.

Thank you very much for release, it's awesome, I am playing with it. Big Grin
(05-29-2020, 01:36 PM)EEconvert Wrote:
I've had that before, i followed these instructions from gizmodo 

You need to activate Developer Mode first (tap the Build number entry in the About phone menu in Settings seven times) and then choose Developer options from the Settings menu. Choose Stay awake and as long as your phone or tablet is plugged in, the screen won't go to sleep after a certain period of time.

so far its worked for me, but havent had a chance to really let it idle since i enabled

Thanks for that! So it seems the easiest solution so far is to disable standby/resume altogether. I might end up doing that, though I still think it would be cool (literally - the tinkerboard gets warm over here) if the device could somehow be woken by USB devices.
Great job!
I have just bought a Tinkerboard and Tinkerboard S and was worried I might be stuck with Android 6 or 7 and did not think there was anyone here working on newer OS versions apart from ASUS who might be loosing interest in the product, so really pleased to see someone in here releasing an updated OS!

Does this version work with the tinker Bluetooth hardware?
In particular, HFP or at least HSP for hands free?
i honestly thought this was fake, but it actually works

- used etcher 1.4.5 to write to sd card (get the medium/high end 32 gig +ones)
- don't upgrade to belina/ballerina scamware
- used linux, probably wont make a difference, just use etcher version 1.4.5 (https://www.filehorse.com/download-etcher/36958/)

just dont use that "new" bologna etcher, it's shit, doesn't even load for me. authors should be ashamed of themselves for selling out like pigs

digression aside, works better than android 7.1.2, television screen doesnt go blank randomly, whoever made this puts the OEM android firmware devs back to preschool.

if op tries for tinkerboard lead dev, he's got my vote
[-] The following 1 user Likes mry's post:
  • chakaponden
Yo the playstore version for me just keeps looping the Google Assistant bit. Can't get past it and every now and again it makes a static noise sound. Is playstore an old version? I can't find apps or games that are on my phone.
Keeps telling me when I boot up that my SD card is corrupt but my tinker board is working fine???

EDIT: So I just plugged my gaming headset into the TB and used that to do voice commands then it let me past. So far its working good.
that was amazing. can i try it right now
Heart 
Works pretty well on my tinkerboard. Thanks. Smile Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes ranjanp's post:
  • chakaponden