This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[Release] Android 8.1 + Root + Google Play
Just tried. Very good job. Although it seems a little slow compared against the official TB android 7.1.2 distro, it seems an excellent work.

I have an issue regarding the USB webcam.
If I plug the usb webcam after the boot the camera works like a charm but the integrated microphone doesn't work. 
If instead, I plug the USB webcam before the boot, it is not recognized. In this case I have to unplug and plug again the webcam after the boot to let android recognize it.

In both cases, the integrated microphone doesn't work at all.

Is there a fix for that issue?

EDIT: I plugged two other USB webcams and both are recognized correctly even when I plug them before booting, so, I guess, it is an issue related to that webcam.
(06-18-2020, 02:43 AM)B2887 Wrote: Yo the playstore version for me just keeps looping the Google Assistant bit. Can't get past it and every now and again it makes a static noise sound. Is playstore an old version? I can't find apps or games that are on my phone.
Keeps telling me when I boot up that my SD card is corrupt but my tinker board is working fine???

EDIT: So I just plugged my gaming headset into the TB and used that to do voice commands then it let me past. So far its working good.

For me is the same: the google play version loops indefinitely with google assistant until I plugged a microphone to the headset jack and pass the "ok google" voice recognition; it keeps telling me that the SD is corrupted while it seems to work fine
what kind of usb camera are you using? 
I was about to buy such a camera but I worried if it would acutally work.

(06-27-2020, 06:01 PM)ugos Wrote: Just tried. Very good job. Although it seems a little slow compared against the official TB android 7.1.2 distro, it seems an excellent work.

If I plug the usb webcam after the boot the camera works like a charm but the integrated microphone doesn't work. 
If instead, I plug the USB webcam before the boot, it is not recognized. In this case I have to unplug and plug again the webcam after the boot to let android recognize it.

EDIT: I plugged two other USB webcams and both are recognized correctly even when I plug them before booting, so, I guess, it is an issue related to that webcam.
(06-28-2020, 04:13 PM)Kyriakos Wrote: what kind of usb camera are you using? 
I was about to buy such a camera but I worried if it would acutally work.

I bought this one:
https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B088LST...UTF8&psc=1

it works but you have to plug it after booting. If you plug it before booting it doesn't work.

I tried with some other old webcams and all worked like a charm, so I think it is an issue related to that camera only.

(06-27-2020, 06:01 PM)ugos Wrote: Just tried. Very good job. Although it seems a little slow compared against the official TB android 7.1.2 distro, it seems an excellent work.