This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[Release] Android 8.1 + Root + Google Play
Hi guys.
Let me share Android 8.1 for Tinkerboard.
I have 2 versions for you:

Android 8.1 with root
Android 8.1 with root and Google Play

[Image: android-81-features-that-you-should-know-L-arYEqM.png]

"Power menu" can be called by long pressing back button instead of launching Asus "Power menu" application.
Android back button can be called by mouse right button click.
If you want Asus "Power menu" application anyway, you can download it there:
Asus Power button application

Changelog:

[20.05.2020]
- fix kodi black screen issue
- fix brightness control for tc358762 official raspberry pi 7" DSI panel
- add terminal emulator app

[18.05.2020]
- power menu by long press back button
- back button by right mouse button click
- advanced hdmi configuration
- rotation display 360 degree including by rotation toogle
- AptX Bluetooth codec
- AAC Bluetooth codec
- 4K@30Hz HDMI fix

You can report bugs in this thread, I will fix it if I can.
Please, include the logs from logcat & dmesg and attach it to your bug report.
Here is 2 commands how you can get the log files from your Tinkerboard:
Code:
adb shell logcat -d > logcat.log

adb shell dmesg > dmesg.log
[-] The following 10 users Like chakaponden's post:
  • CHCI3, EEconvert, Michael, NoobieTBUSer, pro777, sarbirus, serlilo, SPARKRU, tomdroid, Vsn4
Post is reserved
[-] The following 3 users Like chakaponden's post:
  • ftalbot, NoobieTBUSer, pro777
This is great news. Would you be willing to share the image once you get it to where you feel comfortable "releasing" it? I know its probably early to ask that question but I wanted to let you know there are others who would love to use a newer Android on their TB's. Especially if it can support 4K video, which appears broken on the official 7.x release.

Thanks.
(04-14-2020, 12:53 AM)NoobieTBUSer Wrote: This is great news.  Would you be willing to share the image once you get it to where you feel comfortable "releasing" it? I know its probably early to ask that question but I wanted to let you know there are others who would love to use a newer Android on their TB's.  Especially if it can support 4K video, which appears broken on the official 7.x release.

Thanks.
Sure. Will share a bit later
[-] The following 3 users Like chakaponden's post:
  • Alloc, ftalbot, NoobieTBUSer
(04-14-2020, 07:54 AM)chakaponden Wrote:
(04-14-2020, 12:53 AM)NoobieTBUSer Wrote: This is great news.  Would you be willing to share the image once you get it to where you feel comfortable "releasing" it? I know its probably early to ask that question but I wanted to let you know there are others who would love to use a newer Android on their TB's.  Especially if it can support 4K video, which appears broken on the official 7.x release.

Thanks.
Sure. Will share a bit later for everybody, including source code on github

I knew you were probably not ready now, but thank you in advance.
Amazing!! Can't wait to try it.
(04-13-2020, 06:53 PM)chakaponden Wrote: Got first successful Android 8.1 boot on my Tinkerboard.
So. I'm continuing to work on Android 8.1 Oreo for Tinkerboard.
Let me know if anyone wants to help.

Hi!
Great job!
Can you post a link to your working image of Android 8.1?
I myself am looking for the opportunity to run Android 8.1 (9.0) on my RK3288. My revision Mali is r0p0.
Guys, could you help me to release Android 8.1 for Tinkerboard? If you have 4K HDMI TV/monitor.
Please, perform these steps for every Android firmware I shared in this post:
1. flash Android firmware as usual
2. connect your Tinkerboard to 4K HDMI TV/monitor and power on the Tinkerboard
3. get the dmesg log via adb command, for example:
Code:
adb shell dmesg > edid-enabled-dmesg.log
4. send me the edid-enabled-dmesg.log file and report does 4K HDMI output works with this firmware or does not.

Here are the firmwares:
Download firmware debug force 4K no edid

Download firmware debug edid enabled
I have a 4k screen for exactly one week now. I have not tried it with the Tinkerboard at all yet. Can I just blindly use your images and see if they stick or would you like to have some info about how it works with different systems (at all with the Tinkerboard?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jschwart's post:
  • chakaponden
Trying it with Android 7.1 and Armbian reveals that Android chooses 3840x2160 automatically, but Armbian doesn't "see" this resolution and does not work with a custom modeline either. I will look for an SD card for your images now. Tinker OS picks 1920x1080, but I can switch to 3840x2160.

a7-edid-disabled-force-4k.bin hangs at the "tinker board" logo but displays that logo at 3840x2160 according to my screen.
a7-edid-enabled.bin does exactly the same thing.

My screen is an Iiyana Prolite B2875UHSU.