This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android Motorcycle computer
So I have been toying around with building  an android single board computer.  My BMW has a spot for a garmin gps but dont really like the GPS so i have purchases a 5" screen and 3d print a case that clips right in where the GPS was.  Works great.  Now comes to the brains of the operation.  I am currently playing with Emteria on a raspbery PI 3 B.  I was using it on a B+ but Bluetooth support is not there.  
I am using a carlinkit adapter to get car play working and it works ok when the PI is all booted.  
The down fall with  Emteria is that the BT support is pretty useless no streaming audio over it. Boot times are just ok.

So I was looking at the the tinker board to see if it would be a good candidate better than the PI?.
1. It needs to run Android as the carplay app is a APK
2. Need full BT support  
3. I need some fast boot times if possible.  

Thoughts??? 
Thanks
Mike