This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LibreElec on Tinkerboard
Mpeg2 (DVD) - How To Rip Bluray or DVD’s To MKV For Free Using MakeMKV

http://www.techfleece.com/2012/03/05/how...g-makemkv/
(07-31-2017, 10:42 PM)Kwiboo Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 07:40 AM)ThomasL Wrote: Is it possible to test this on debian, by extracting the kodi binaries?

No it is not possible to use this on debian/tinker os just by copying the binaries, also this version of kodi is optimized to run standalone without any window manager (x11/wayland).

(07-31-2017, 06:47 PM)wappi Wrote: Can I donate somewhere for your work and efforts?

Thanks but I would rather see you donate directly to LibreELEC or a charity Smile

(07-31-2017, 06:47 PM)wappi Wrote: Only the TVheadend PVR client is missing to me...  Does anybody have an idea or zip for installation available?

It is possible the RPi2 version of the addon might work, I have not tested nor built any of the addons that usually come with LibreELEC.

(07-31-2017, 07:19 PM)GadgetMan Wrote: With regards to performance and Overclocking, are you saying with the builds already out there for the TB that they already run at full speed?

Correct, the default has always been to run cpu and gpu at full speed (performance governor).
For best possible gui performance you should leave the gpu using the performance governor, otherwise gui animations might get throttled to 30fps.
I would change the cpu governor as a start if the board is getting too hot.

My ambient temperature is 20-25C and my board usually run at 65-70C using stock heat sink and an official raspberry pi 3 case (without the top), it have peeked at 80C after accidentally being left running settings gui at 60fps for a week.

(07-31-2017, 07:19 PM)GadgetMan Wrote: Does anyone know what the commands would be to run a temp test?

See below commands, 60/58C

Code:
LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp
LibreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp

(08-07-2017, 09:52 AM)doubledecks Wrote: I've compiled a new image from Kwiboo's github, I made a small tweak so the LibreElec repo should work with it.

I installed the TV Headend client from their repo and it works fine, however the tinkerboard seems to get hot quite quickly playing mpeg2 video and I had a few freeze ups and overheating shutdowns. MP4 and 4K playback  seems to be fine so far.

I've uploaded the img (in .gz) here

http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/UjoFji1K/file.html

If you can install a small fan I have found the temp is around 48 to 55 degrees tops. Works a treat. Also the latest release on github works fine with the LibreElec Repo for me (one one dated 30-7-17)
(08-04-2017, 05:26 PM)Kehely1975 Wrote: 1.  nano /storage/.config/autostart.sh (http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Autostart.sh)

2. Paste:

#!/bin/sh
echo interactive > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_governor

My ambient temperature is 27C and my board usually run at 65-70C

Thanks!

I have found a typo in my autostart.sh.   Now I could reduce CPU temp by 10 degrees. Thanks.

(08-07-2017, 09:52 AM)doubledecks Wrote: I've compiled a new image from Kwiboo's github, I made a small tweak so the LibreElec repo should work with it.

I installed the TV Headend client from their repo and it works fine, however the tinkerboard seems to get hot quite quickly playing mpeg2 video and I had a few freeze ups and overheating shutdowns. MP4 and 4K playback  seems to be fine so far.

I've uploaded the img (in .gz) here

http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/UjoFji1K/file.html

Hi doubledecks,

I have updated my Libreelec and could install TVH client. Unfortunately I cannot start my DVB-T2 streams (HEVC) directly. I had same problem with my SBC Pine64 so I guess this is a TVH issue...
As workaround I just stored my channel links as .strm file and open it under 'Videos' and this works well.
Hi everyone,

Coming back again with the same question; is Audio working for anyone? Either through the jack or Bluetooth.

I just can't get it working:
- I enabled the Bluetooth using the command 'hciconfig hci0 up', tried to connect to the headset using 'hcitool cc mac_address', it didn't work. In the System menu, Bluetooth is shown as Disabled, and I can't find any option to enable it.
- When plugging in headphones, I don't get any sound either. I tried each Audio device listed in the System menu in turn, still no sound.

On Debian Tinker OS I always had to manually select the audio output device as `rockchip rk38XX` for each new application which was emitting sound.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I would really like to use this LibreELEC build, but Audio is quite mandatory Sad

Thanks in advance.
(08-14-2017, 06:14 PM)tbickle Wrote: Coming back again with the same question; is Audio working for anyone? Either through the jack or Bluetooth.

Use Default or HDMI for HDMI audio and use USB-Audio for analog jack, this worked last time I tested.

Try and use the Settings add-on to pair and connect your buletooth devices.
Enable bluetooth under Services in the settings add-on, see https://wiki.libreelec.tv/index.php?titl...b=Services
I have only tested connecting a bluetooth keyboard on the Tinker Board.
hi

Kwiboo, thanks you for your work on libreelec
the latest versionLibreELEC-TinkerBoard.arm-8.2-devel-20170818171552-r26033-ge19c7b5.img.gz is running good but i have differents problemes
the wifi doesn t works
and 4k hevc freez

thx for your work and your answers
I tested the version rockchip-alpha4 (LibreELEC-TinkerBoard.arm-8.2-devel-20170818171552-r26033-ge19c7b5) but wifi not working.
does anyone know how to repair wifi ? thx
New version.

https://github.com/Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv/releases

Changes:

Latest rockchip+lsk+longterm linux 4.4.89
Improved WiFi and BT dongle support
Use Limited Range RGB output
ROCK64: Fix playback of HEVC HDR videos
ROCK64: I2S audio (A/V jack and ES9023 board)
ROCK64: CEC support
TinkerBoard: Fix WiFi

Thx Kwiboo.

New version

https://github.com/Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv/releases

Changes:

Latest rockchip+lsk+longterm linux 4.4.89
Improved WiFi and BT dongle support
Use Limited Range RGB output
ROCK64: Fix playback of HEVC HDR videos
ROCK64: I2S audio (A/V jack and ES9023 board)
ROCK64: CEC support
TinkerBoard: Fix WiFi

Thx Kwiboo.
Hi there.
New to the forum and Tinker board for that matter as well.

I'm somewhat familiar with the RPi's, specifically as media center use. I moved to Tinker board to extend to 4K support and have boosted performance.

These alpha builds - how stable are they in term of using it as a "daily" driver (I don't mind hickups :-))

thanks.