This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LibreElec on Tinkerboard
(10-11-2017, 07:26 AM)nipmads Wrote: Hi there.
New to the forum and Tinker board for that matter as well.

I'm somewhat familiar with the RPi's, specifically as media center use. I moved to Tinker board to extend to 4K support and have boosted performance.

These alpha builds - how stable are they in term of using it as a "daily" driver (I don't mind hickups :-))

thanks.

The builds are pretty reasonable, but 'live' TV playback is very hit and miss, depending on codecs used. mpeg 2 playback appears to be software supported rather than hardware and if you use TV headend its gets quite glitchy after a few minutes running.

Playback of MP4/HD files works well, and most of the 4K stuff I tried worked ok
How i can fix "buffering" ? every time I watch a movie "buffering".
(10-05-2017, 10:50 AM)Lucian03 Wrote: New version.

https://github.com/Kwiboo/LibreELEC.tv/releases

Changes:

Latest rockchip+lsk+longterm linux 4.4.89
Improved WiFi and BT dongle support
Use Limited Range RGB output
ROCK64: Fix playback of HEVC HDR videos
ROCK64: I2S audio (A/V jack and ES9023 board)
ROCK64: CEC support
TinkerBoard: Fix WiFi

Thx Kwiboo.

Thanks. By far the best video experience on TinkerBoard!
HDMI CEC realy work on this build ?
(10-16-2017, 02:56 PM)progd Wrote: HDMI CEC realy work on this build ?

CEC only works in the ROCK64 build. The CEC pin is unfortunately not connected to the RK3288 SoC on Tinker Board, see https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...tml#pid664 for details.
Thak Your.
I solder this components then try.
This is truly a dumb move by Asus, why not just implement HDMI CEC properly? Boo!!!
Hey yall,

So, with CEC missing, I was trying to sort out an IR receiver on GPIO. I know that the *old* way on Raspberry Pi was to use a module called lirc-rpi which was only for the BCM chip in the Pis. But now there's a new upstream module in the Linux kernel called gpio-ir that maps IR signals to keyboard keys and LibreELEC is using that instead. I just tested it on my Pi3 and it works well.

Will this work with LibreELEC on the Tinker Board?
Hi, is there any chance to get HDMI NL-PCM (AC3/E-AC3/DTS) and new release?
If help in testing is needed I may assist.
Hi.
glitchy hardware decoding of h.264 main10 profile video (the green squares on the screen)
how to disable HW on this type of files ?