This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using SPI display
Hi,

I am using a Tinker Board S with Armbian. What I now would like to do is to add a Waveshare 1,5'' OLED display using the SPI interface. Unfortunately I do not really understand, which pins to use for this. My idea:

Ports required by display:

DIN, CLK, CS, VCC, GND, DC, RST

DIN: use SPI2 MOSI, physical pin 19
CLK: use SPI2 SCLK, physical pin 23
CS: use SPI2 CSN0, physical pin 24
VCC: use physical pin 2
GND: use physical pin 40
DC: any free GPIO, I would like to use physical pin 16
RST: any free GPIO, would like to use physical pin 18

To drive this I would use gpio_lib_c from github.

Anything I missed here? Any hints & tips for me?

Kind regards

Dirk
Hi, I'm trying to get working the same display, but with no success.
The numbers of pins are ok - It depends what script are You using...
I,m using similar pins.
I have tested two python scripts - from luma.oled repo and example from waveshare.
The first one does not display at all, and the second one displays color lines and the image is displayed only in a few lines

[Image: p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5]

The display is ok, because on Raspberry Pi it works ok, with the same waveshare script 
On Tinker board I modified scripts to use ASUS.GPIO and get rid of RPi.GPIO which works only on Raspberry.
I changed also spidev0.0 to spidev 2.0

I investigated the problem:
display shows horizontal lines after the initialization.
at the end of initialization there is command A6 - All OFF (All pixels have gray scale of 0,GS0), and after that if shows colorful lines and only 4 or 5 lines are active to show picture.
I tried to modify initialization sequence but any changes does not influence horizontal lines.
BTW the lines are always the same (each time I run the script, the position and color is the same)
when I use command All ON (All pixels have gray scale of 15,GS15) whole screes becomes gray, but it has no response to graphic (I think it is ok)

Than I thought it may be the spidev problem so I checked it with spidev_test (form rm-hull) and the MISO - MOSI are the same - so it looks bus is worhing ok.

Running this screen with RaspberryPi took me 5 minutes.
What is the difference between Raspberry and Tinker that prevents display from working?
I have no further ideas.
Any help would be appreciated.