This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Guidance to update SystemUI.apk
Hello, I am a new Tinker Board user.

I have a Tinker Board S with Android 7.1.2 (20190103-android-7-playstore.zip) installed in eMMC and Rooted per Magisk instructions on the forum.  My project requires me to make a small edit to the USB permissions file (Classes.Dex) of the SystemUI.apk.  This has been done via Baksmali/Smali-2.1.3 and reassembled with the standard Android Studio debug signature and also without updating the signature.   
However, I am not able to replace the existing SystemUI.apk with ADB-Push, Install, or rooted file manager.  Please, Can anyone give me guidance to obtain the matching signature if possible or force Android to install the modified apk in a working manner.

I am in Awe of all that this group has accomplished, Thank You.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tomdroid's post:
  • TheOne
Thumbs Up 
need same  thumbsUP !

my SystemUI.apk at Android 8.1 has no classes.dex

how can fix the USB Permission at Android 8.1 ?

regards thanks