This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluetooth HFP and/or HSP on Tinkerboard/S
Hi,

As per my other thread, yes I have used the search, but some of the threads seem to be so old on this subject, I am not sure if people found solutions to their issues.

I want to use my tinkerboard as a CarPC, in particular running Waze or other nav, as well as being able to use it as a hands free divide for calls, in in one. A bit of central communication and navigation device.

I came over from the ODroid side of the fence, where I had managed to get everything just how I liked it, but could only get Bluetooth to work for internet tethering, not for calls handlining.

Then I learned that the Android Bluetooth stack can't route a path through Bluetooth using HFP (Handsfree) or HSP (Headset) if the path involves USB (Potentially a security measure?)... Which as the ODroid models all need a USB dongle for Bluetooth, blue that project out of the water.

So, I bought a Tinkerboard and Tinkerboard S to run some experiments on with this, but am here looking to see if anyone has managed to get Bluetooth hands free working directly on the Tinkerboard using it's onboard Bluetooth.

What I had read in here was quite old, where one person was managing to get it working but no audio, and someone else had it working but had problems with SCO and had to play with compiling his own custom Android ROM... As I say, this seemed to be a couple of years ago, so was wondering what the current state of play was for Bluetooth out of the box with the current distributions of Android for the Tinkerboard?
Getting there with this.

Been playing with several images, cant seem to get hands free calling working out of the box, but have managed to get the phone to recognise the tinkerboard as something which calls can be handled by, so it looks like at least one of the ROMs I have found is running a HSP/HFP server I guess.... Just need to experiment more.

Will report back with what I find as I slowly climb the learning curve!