This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash tool not working
I have downloaded the image "Tinker_Edge_R-Debian-Stretch-V1.0.1-20200310".  I am not able to run flash.sh on Rasberry Pi 4 (Raspbian Buster) or MacOS. Is the upgrade_tool compiled for specific Linux hardware? Is there source code available so I can compile it on Raspberry pi?
Hi Naveen,

Nice to meet you again. Currently, Tinker Edge R’s image format is based on the SoC vendor Rockchip's custom architecture.
And this architecture's flash tools (compiled), only have two now, one is for Windows (x86) another one is Linux (x86).
Also because Rockchip, not open-source this tool, so it can not be re-compilable by self to support other platforms.
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/tools

You have a Mac, maybe you can try to create a VM create Windows or Linux VM for now. (if not enough space, can try to find a most lightweight Linux)

Thanks.
(06-16-2020, 10:22 AM)naveen Wrote: I have downloaded the image "Tinker_Edge_R-Debian-Stretch-V1.0.1-20200310".  I am not able to run flash.sh on Rasberry Pi 4 (Raspbian Buster) or MacOS. Is the upgrade_tool compiled for specific Linux hardware? Is there source code available so I can compile it on Raspberry pi?

I have the same problem. If you got the solution then please let me know it.
I could not flash using Linux VM on MacOS. But I was able to flash using a Windows machine.