This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Web Camera
Hi, 
I've just installed the Android image 20191227-tinker-board-android-nougat-userdebug-v14.4.0.5.
I need to use a USB Webcam for my project.

If I boot the TB and then, after Android is booted, I plug the webcam all works like a charm.

If instead, I plug the webcam and then I boot the TB, the webcam is not recognized and when I run the camera app, no error is given but I see a black screen with an icon camera at the center. In this situation, if I unplug the camera and then I plug it again all works like a charm.

It seems as the Android can see the webcam only if it is plugged after the boot.

Is there a way to solve this issue? My project needs to left the webcam plugged also when the TB is powered off.