This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi and Ethernet simultaneously on Android?
Hi everyone,
I am trying to set up a project where my tinkerboard needs access to two different network. One is a wifi connection to a drone with it's own wifi SSID. The other is to my home network, so the tinkerboard can talk to other computers running OpenCV that can see the drone and control it. 
I've got two issues:
  • When I plug in the ethernet cable, the wifi card won't hold a connection.
  • The wifi antenna can't see the drone's wifi SSID, though my phone can. I've checked that they both operate on the same frequencies, they do.
The drone I'm trying to connect to is a DJI Mavic Air. I need Android on the tinker board because that's what the DJI SDK uses.

Thank you for any insights.
You can bridge those connections so you can use both networks, but as long as there isn't an error code I can't help you properly.
hi rwhall,

maybe this will help... 
Android Ethernet and Wi-Fi at the same time..

see...
"..There is a simpler way, which doesn't require you to build AOSP matching your device. You can simply modify smali-decompiled code and recompile it..."

TinkerOS_Android 7 Nougat v14.4.0.5 has...  /system/framework/services.jar file..
Code:
k247@YOGA700-11ISK:~/temp/tinkerboard/v14_4_0_5$ adb -t 7 shell ls -Flah /system/framework/services.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3.0M 2019-12-27 01:37 /system/framework/services.jar
k247@YOGA700-11ISK:~/temp/tinkerboard/v14_4_0_5$

----------------
hope it helps,
k,