This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot activate Location
I have installed the Android 9 image onto my Tinker Edge R. I am unable to toggle "Location" to "on", under Settings /Security & Location / Location.

I have tried with and without a 4G LTE/GNSS modem installed.

I get the following error in the adb log:

2020-07-06 10:51:20.467 512-3337/system_process E/JavaBinder: *** Uncaught remote exception! (Exceptions are not yet supported across processes.)
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.setLength(AbstractStringBuilder.java:208)
at java.lang.StringBuilder.setLength(StringBuilder.java:77)
at com.android.server.LocationManagerService.setLocationEnabledForUser(LocationManagerService.java:2656)
at android.location.ILocationManager$Stub.onTransact(ILocationManager.java:524)
at android.os.Binder.execTransact(Binder.java:731)
2020-07-06 10:51:20.467 819-819/com.android.settings I/LocationEnabler: Location mode has been changed

I have posted this question to Asus support almost two weeks ago, but get no answer. Is it a difficult one?
Hi, erik_falsterbo

We have received your feedback, and this issue with the location function has been analyzed and will be fixed in the next release version in a week.

Thank you for your patience.
Dear all,

Please find the new Android image from below link, it fixed the locations functions.
https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/thread-3083.html

Thanks.