This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tinkerboard freezes when doing simple things
Quote:You mean power via GPIO pins, right?

Yes.

Quote:In any case, I've heard TB-S and later versions of TB solved the mUSB power issue. Only the orig. TB (2017) has the mUSB power issue, right?

You need to change connector.

Its a fatal hw design failure (marketing people deciding about design) which can't be fixed. Only Rpi could mitigate this problem since Linux runs inside RTOS. That ThreadX RTOS - in case power drop was too high - started to throttle and killing cpu cores. Beyond Linux. Such hack is not possible with this chip.

Law of physics, ohm law can't be fixed.
https://forum.armbian.com/topic/4767-pow...micro-usb/

Quote:with self-powered attached storage.

Usually this is good enough, yes. I was doing some tests and most of my mUSB cables are not sufficient for powering Tinkerboard. Only a few good cables can.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
You try wuth connecting external SSD drive.
I ran the Armbian TB for about 48 hours, mostly on idle, with Chromium browser, performing various tasks and even playing some video (very poor). Also had Htop running as a monitor. Connected to it was the mouse, keyboard, and the 3.5" HD 2tb standard mechanical drive with its own 12v adapter.
I ran the Armbian TB for about 48 hours, mostly on idle, with Chromium browser, performing various tasks and even playing some video (very poor). Also had Htop running as a monitor. Connected to it was the mouse, keyboard, and the 3.5" HD 2tb standard mechanical drive with its own 12v adapter.