This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
definitely what is the best format / codec for a video card for Android / TB?
Hi guys, I have a question, which actually has been going on for some time in relation to the best video format / codec to run on android 6 or 7 for the tinker board.
I currently have a program built with videoview, and I did a test with two tinker boards, one with videos in .mp4 / H264 format and another tinker board with video with videos in .mp4 / h265 format.
Both have a system running the same videos, but one with the h265 codec and the other with the h264, but in the system that contains the video memos in the h265 codec it is as if they crash after a while, the videos freeze on the screen, and a message from stopped responding happens.
In the h264 it doesn't happen, my question is this h265 is it not so recommended to use with this hardware? to a difference in execution in the two. What would be the best format to run, format that does not require as much of the cpu, gpu that runs smooth
Could anyone tell me?
thank you very much.