This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SageTV Client up and running on Tinkerboard
Maybe I am crazy but I think this is very cool.

I have a Asus laptop running the Sagetv Server software V9. Also I have a dual tuner HDhomerun. Both are connected to my router with ethernet cable. It is a cable tv Atsc Qam setup with about 60 channels on each tuner. I watch TV and record shows on a regular basis and have had Sagetv for years. They are a combination of HD and SD channels. 

So when I noticed there was an Android Sagetv client I just had to try this. I searched for it on the GoogelPlay store and installed it. First I watched recordings from last week. Yes on the Tinkerboard and yes over my 2.4ghz wifi. Then I watched Live TV and paused and rewound and FF. It works pretty much flawless. I may do some option tweaking for the HD shows but most of the channels played perfectly. 

I am feeling much better about this board right about now. As my son would say..... This is TIGHT!!