This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu on the Tinker Board
Many thanks! It works perfectly!
Amazon Prime Video now complaints Chromium v67 is out of date. Is there any newer version we can try? Smile
Wow! this setup works perfect for my Netflix
Can't believe this still isn't fixed and still needs a workaround.
I've been successfully using this for more than a year.

Today I went to the Netflix website, after a month or so since last time, and I can't see any movie, but keep getting error: C7121-1331 (which seems to refer to an old Chromium version).

I'm running 67.0.3396.87, I tried changing my User Agent and even reinstalling the tinker.zip package from the first post but with no luck.

What should I do or check?

(09-21-2018, 12:22 PM)SurferTim Wrote: Here is a new Chromium package (v67) that streams Netflix and Amazon Prime. It has been tested on TOS v2.0.7 ONLY.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrovcp0m1yq1nt...m.zip?dl=0

It includes Chromium v67, widevine v67, Pepper video player, and a new chromium.desktop file.

Download and unpack. Change to TinkerChromium directory and run
Code:
sudo ./install.sh
If it asks to replace flags, I selected 'Y'.

This install replaces the chromium.desktop file, so there is no need for an additional entry in Menu -> Internet.

If you run from a command line
Code:
chromium --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.84 Safari/537.36"

Let me know how it works for you, especially if you are using a different TOS version.

This didn't work too. I tried to change Chrome version from the command line, but neither that worked.
(08-21-2019, 12:44 PM)qaplus Wrote: Amazon Prime Video now complaints Chromium v67 is out of date. Is there any newer version we can try? Smile

(09-08-2019, 10:43 PM)p1r473 Wrote: Can't believe this still isn't fixed and still needs a workaround.

(11-16-2019, 11:18 PM)trip Wrote: I've been successfully using this for more than a year.

Today I went to the Netflix website, after a month or so since last time, and I can't see any movie, but keep getting error: C7121-1331 (which seems to refer to an old Chromium version).

I'm running 67.0.3396.87, I tried changing my User Agent and even reinstalling the tinker.zip package from the first post but with no luck.

What should I do or check?

(09-21-2018, 12:22 PM)SurferTim Wrote: Here is a new Chromium package (v67) that streams Netflix and Amazon Prime. It has been tested on TOS v2.0.7 ONLY.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrovcp0m1yq1nt...m.zip?dl=0

It includes Chromium v67, widevine v67, Pepper video player, and a new chromium.desktop file.

Download and unpack. Change to TinkerChromium directory and run
Code:
sudo ./install.sh
If it asks to replace flags, I selected 'Y'.

This install replaces the chromium.desktop file, so there is no need for an additional entry in Menu -> Internet.

If you run from a command line
Code:
chromium --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.84 Safari/537.36"

Let me know how it works for you, especially if you are using a different TOS version.

This didn't work too. I tried to change Chrome version from the command line, but neither that worked.

Today, the only hope is Vivaldi. Please, see this post https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...l#pid11720
(11-17-2019, 12:40 AM)Ikesankom Wrote: [...]
Today, the only hope is Vivaldi. Please, see this post https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...l#pid11720
Thank you, I'll give that a try Smile
I'm afraid this all might come to an end. Amazon Prime has changed its DRM management, and Netflix is to follow in December. Not only will this device be affected, but I was notified that my TV (Visio) may not be able to access Netflix. Sad

I did what I could.
(11-17-2019, 10:45 AM)SurferTim Wrote: I'm afraid this all might come to an end. Amazon Prime has changed its DRM management, and Netflix is to follow in December. Not only will this device be affected, but I was notified that my TV (Visio) may not be able to access Netflix. Sad

I did what I could.
Well, thank you for all your efforts and good work.
As they say, all good things must come to an end Smile

Except that it is really bad that a proper consumer product like a TV (I mean, set aside hacks like these on TB) would stop functioning with a paid service Angry