This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu on the Tinker Board
Update

Packages have been updated and tested with the latest Debian release from ASUS (1.9) and a newer version of Chromium. Package now uses ASUS C201PA libraries. All RK3288 chromebook libraries were tested and all of them performed the same but these libraries were most common among the platforms (I did md5sum checks on all of them).
(07-16-2017, 09:17 PM)knuxyl Wrote: Update

Packages have been updated and tested with the latest Debian release from ASUS (1.9) and a newer version of Chromium. Package now uses ASUS C201PA libraries. All RK3288 chromebook libraries were tested and all of them performed the same but these libraries were most common among the platforms (I did md5sum checks on all of them).

Amazing work you are doing an amazing job. Finally can watch netflix on tinker os with the correct resolution. So happy! Heart
Thinking about switching from the Raspberry Pi 3 just wanted to make sure, how is Netflix running on the tinkerboard? Smooth playback?
(07-20-2017, 02:42 AM)Smiley85 Wrote: Thinking about switching from the Raspberry Pi 3 just wanted to make sure, how is Netflix running on the tinkerboard? Smooth playback?

On the older package there is a ***very slight* i think vsync issue where sometimes there's a horizontal line It's like the picture below, but not nearly as bad and not really noticable unless you look for it

[Image: vsync04.jpg]

This is due to the kernel and drivers though, not related to the package provided here. All this package really does is enables DRM content on the browser. Video and decode drivers are part of the debian image. I did include the pepper flash plugin also, but I'm not sure if it's being used.

With this newer release I havent noticed this problem at all, but it could occur. I've been watching vieos on Amazon Prime since yesterday and they are all playing in HD perfectly smooth. I do run my OS at 1280x1024 to make sure it always stays stable, but I'm testing at 1920x1080 right now with Amazon and it is still running fine.

As a side note, I'm running XFCE instead of the provided LXDE because of the better performance and more features.

If you're asking if you can comfortably watch videos in HD on Netflix, the answer is yes.
Thank you! I got Netflix running on a 1920x1080 and watching 1080p movies with no lag.
(05-24-2017, 08:38 PM)inahd Wrote: amazon video playback look like a flipbook of poop.

True...CPU temp 70° C.  Sad
(08-12-2017, 01:16 PM)bart Wrote:
(05-24-2017, 08:38 PM)inahd Wrote: amazon video playback look like a flipbook of poop.

I have no problems with Amazon at all, with 1.8 and 1.9 debian image. Did you put on the heatsink? If you did, then you are most certainly not in an environment that should have computers running in it. That or you did something else with the linux distro that is causing problems. I thoroughly tested this and it works.
(08-14-2017, 02:13 PM)knuxyl Wrote:

I have no problems with Amazon at all, with 1.8 and 1.9 debian image. Did you put on the heatsink? If you did, then you are most certainly not in an environment that should have computers running in it. That or you did something else with the linux distro that is causing problems. I thoroughly tested this and it works.

I have solved installing these packages:

https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...ml#pid1818
(08-15-2017, 09:14 AM)bart Wrote:

If that fixed your problem then you must have done a sudo apt-get dist-upgrade in the past which put you on generic xserver instead of the one provided by asus or rockchip. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade will break a ton of things on this board, like kodi, retroarch, and apparently now chromium video playback. For custom boards like this, downloading and installing a generic hardware package from the default repositories will almost always destroy the interface with your hardware in some fashion. Typically it's just the GPU.
(08-16-2017, 05:08 PM)knuxyl Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 09:14 AM)bart Wrote:

If that fixed your problem then you must have done a sudo apt-get dist-upgrade in the past which put you on generic xserver instead of the one provided by asus or rockchip. sudo apt-get dist-upgrade will break a ton of things on this board, like kodi, retroarch, and apparently now chromium video playback. For custom boards like this, downloading and installing a generic hardware package from the default repositories will almost always destroy the interface with your hardware in some fashion. Typically it's just the GPU.

Yes, to update my installation I usually do:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get dist-upgrade

I did not think that "apt-get dist-upgrade" overwrote those packages.
So to upgrade, do you just use the previous two commands, right?

Thanks.