This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu on the Tinker Board
Here is the new zip file for the widevine package.
https://github.com/SurferTim/TinkerBoard

I did a complete update/upgrade prior to this install.

Revert to Chromium v63.
Code:
sudo apt-get install chromium=63.0.3239.84-1~deb9u1

Download and unpack the zip file from the Github link above.
There is a zip file in the Tinkerboard-master.zip named chromiumwebvine.zip. Unpack it.

Change to the unpacked directory (tinker) and run the install
Code:
sudo ./install.sh

Install Chromium v67. Mikerr has a download link in an earlier. Here is the link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qxYIvp...90cLHvCSTp
Code:
sudo dpkg -i chromium_67.0.3396.87-1~deb9u1_armhf.deb

Reboot.

Then lock v67
Code:
sudo apt-mark hold chromium

Use :
Menu -> Internet -> chromium-user

I'll see if I can get knuxyl to use this package on the OP. That should be cleaner than the double unpack.
...and we have a WINNER!!! Many thanks to SurferTim!!!! 

What worked for me, on the first attempt, was:
- Started with a fresh install of Tinker 2.0.7 (vanilla plain, not the pre-configured plus)
- Locked Chromium 63
- Updated everything else and installed a few things (KODI, LibreOffice, etc)
- Installed the newly posted WideVine by SurferTim following his instructions
- Unlocked Chromium 63 and updated to 67 per the instructions (note: still needed to change the ~ to a _)
- Forgot to reboot (still worked after a reboot)
- Re-locked Chromium 67
- Launched Chromium (User) and Netflix worked. I didn't try Hulu or Amazon.
(09-18-2018, 09:42 PM)bigdavemt Wrote: - Unlocked Chromium 63 and updated to 67 per the instructions (note: still needed to change the ~ to a _)
I didn't need to change this. Is this a keyboard or language issue? That shouldn't be that hard to change.
Guys, thanks for info. I made it working.
But strange thing is I have very bad peformance when whey playing HTML5 video (in 720p). It is like photo slideshow, instead of movie.
I am on TinkerOS 2.0.7, chromium 67 (but same result on chromium 63). I checked xorg-core package and I am using the right one - rockchip version.

Anyone with same behavior? Or is it just my problem?

Before 2.0.7 I had 1.8 and video playback was smooth.
(09-19-2018, 06:27 AM)Kisuke-CZE Wrote: Guys, thanks for info. I made it working.
But strange thing is I have very bad peformance when whey playing HTML5 video (in 720p). It is like photo slideshow, instead of movie.
I am on TinkerOS 2.0.7, chromium 67 (but same result on chromium 63). I checked xorg-core package and I am using the right one - rockchip version.

Anyone with same behavior? Or is it just my problem?

Before 2.0.7 I had 1.8 and video playback was smooth.

Would you please post a link to the video in question?
I found a chromium-widevine for v67. It does not require chromium v63 to install.
chromium-widevine_67.0.3396.87-1_deb9u1_armhf.deb
https://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debi..._armhf.deb

I'll change the package, edit install.sh, and post a link to it later today.

Edit: This should do the whole install. Chromium v67, widevine v67, upgrades, and the Pepper player.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/idnp6bpz2aldm1...w.zip?dl=0
Download, unpack, change to the unpacked directory and
Code:
sudo ./install.sh

Run by selecting
Menu -> Internet -> chromium-user

If you have problems, reply here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SurferTim's post:
  • Vikk42
(09-18-2018, 09:42 PM)bigdavemt Wrote: ...and we have a WINNER!!! Many thanks to SurferTim!!!! 

What worked for me, on the first attempt, was:
- Started with a fresh install of Tinker 2.0.7 (vanilla plain, not the pre-configured plus)
- Locked Chromium 63
- Updated everything else and installed a few things (KODI, LibreOffice, etc)
- Installed the newly posted WideVine by SurferTim following his instructions
- Unlocked Chromium 63 and updated to 67 per the instructions (note: still needed to change the ~ to a _)
- Forgot to reboot (still worked after a reboot)
- Re-locked Chromium 67
- Launched Chromium (User) and Netflix worked. I didn't try Hulu or Amazon.

This worked for me as well! I tried Chromium v67 first with no luck. Only Tested on Amazon as I don't have a Hulu or Netflix account.
Here is a new Chromium package (v67) that streams Netflix and Amazon Prime. It has been tested on TOS v2.0.7 ONLY.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrovcp0m1yq1nt...m.zip?dl=0

It includes Chromium v67, widevine v67, Pepper video player, and a new chromium.desktop file.

Download and unpack. Change to TinkerChromium directory and run
Code:
sudo ./install.sh
If it asks to replace flags, I selected 'Y'.

This install replaces the chromium.desktop file, so there is no need for an additional entry in Menu -> Internet.

If you run from a command line
Code:
chromium --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.84 Safari/537.36"

Let me know how it works for you, especially if you are using a different TOS version.
[-] The following 2 users Like SurferTim's post:
  • p1r473, Vikk42
(09-21-2018, 12:22 PM)SurferTim Wrote: Here is a new Chromium package (v67) that streams Netflix and Amazon Prime. It has been tested on TOS v2.0.7 ONLY.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrovcp0m1yq1nt...m.zip?dl=0

It includes Chromium v67, widevine v67, Pepper video player, and a new chromium.desktop file.

Download and unpack. Change to TinkerChromium directory and run
Code:
sudo ./install.sh
If it asks to replace flags, I selected 'Y'.

This install replaces the chromium.desktop file, so there is no need for an additional entry in Menu -> Internet.

If you run from a command line
Code:
chromium --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.84 Safari/537.36"

Let me know how it works for you, especially if you are using a different TOS version.

Thanks again for updating this! It really helps linux illiterates like myself. I did a Fresh install of TinkerOSplus 2.07 and then before doing anything else besides setting date/time I installed this version and it works after a reboot. As prior, I only tested on Amazon Prime as I don't have other accounts. Really appreciate the pre-emptive help!
Still having Tinker-S fun not.

UNpack it. Well now I have a problem. I tried unzip and it complained it could not open or could not find the file. It indicated it was looking for xxx.zip so I changed it to that and...

linaro@tinkerboard:~/Downloads$ unzip TinkerChromium.zip
unzip: cannot find or open TinkerChromium.zip, TinkerChromium.zip.zip or TinkerChromium.zip.ZIP.
linaro@tinkerboard:~/Downloads$ ls
tinker TinkerChromium.zip
linaro@tinkerboard:~/Downloads$

Any clues as to how I do these oh, so simple things?

Well it appears that all that was necessary was for me to post the above and then download the pkg again and now everything worked like a charm.
I must have fumbled the first download.