This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu on the Tinker Board
Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu on the Tinker Board
Chromium 67.0.3396.87 (Developer Build)
Debian Stretch 9.0 (2.0.7)

This package will automatically install the needed libraries for online video playback on Chromium.
NOTICE
It appears that the latest chromium package provided by the repositories somehow broke this package. You can find instructions on ways around this in Pages 7+ on this thread. Thanks to everyone providing this information. I will get around to putting together the fix soon and providing up to date links. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Download
(latest 7/2/18)

Directions

1) Download the archive above (tinker.zip)
2) Extract it
3) Open a terminal and cd to the directory
4) Type this command
Code:
sudo chmod 775 * && sudo chmod +x install.sh

5) Then type this command
Code:
sudo ./install.sh

6) To use, you must either use the launcher that was installed in the Internet category on your menu (Chromium Web Browser (User)), or through terminal with the following command

Code:
chromium --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS armv7l 6946.63.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.87 Safari/537.36"

Bugs

1) Settings/Extensions menus do not work. You can use your original shortcut to access these and the settings will save for the custom shortcut as well.
2) Performing a "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" will break this, along with many many other programs. dist-upgrade installs a generic base for debian on arm whereas we need the custom tailored one from ASUS. Not necessarily a bug but I have seen some people do this without knowing. "sudo apt-get upgrade" is fine, but you might need to be reinstall this if chromium is upgrade, although you shouldn't have to.

Help

Here is a video uploaded by ETA PRIME to help users still needing help on installing this.
(Please note that the typo he mentions in the video has been fixed in the last 2 releases, only download you need is from this post)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7sXqqf3oGM

Changelog
Files taken from chromeos_9460.60.0_veyron-speedy_recovery_stable-channel_speedy-mp-v3.bin

(7/2/18) - Updated package to latest libraries and tested on latest TinkerOS. (thanks to SurferTim for info about the user agent string trick)
(7/2/18) - Added a test package from latest C201PA chromeos. Have not tested.
(12/14/17) - Added chromium-widevine package for use with latest ASUS operating system.
(7/16/17) - Updated libraries to the latest available and tested on latest release of Debian from Asus with newer Chromium. Using Asus C201PA libraries (libwidevinecdm.so, libwidevinecdmadapter.so, lilpepflashplayer.so).
(6/7/17) - Test package tested, was not better in performance, possibly worse.
(6/6/17) - Added an updated package that needs testing. It has the latest available libraries
(6/6/17) - Removed 7zip requirement, fixed typos, added a README

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes knuxyl's post:
  • trip
amazon video playback look like a flipbook of poop.
Thank you it work not too bad fro netflix !
Could ou tell me from what chromebook image did you extract it ?

Thank you !

Regards,

Aworan
(05-26-2017, 08:17 AM)aworan Wrote: Thank you it work not too bad fro netflix !
Could ou tell me from what chromebook image did you extract it ?

Thank you !

Regards,

Aworan

I don't know and my usb that has it isn't with me. I do know it was the image from Veyron Minnie (codename for the chromebook). 
Maybe if we got a newer chromebook image from anything Veyron or anything that has RK3288 it might work better.
You just copy the files from /opt/google/chrome/plugins and libwidevine* files in /opt/google/chrome to /usr/lib/chromium on the tinker board
And yeah, I know the performance isn't perfect, and I never tested Amazon. Hopefully someone with more experience with this stuff will contribute, this is as far as I can go.
http://imgur.com/xV0iEPq

http://imgur.com/dDNJ1T0

Cant seem to getting working
(05-30-2017, 03:33 AM)ETAPRIME Wrote: http://imgur.com/xV0iEPq

http://imgur.com/dDNJ1T0

Cant seem to getting working

i had this problem. i think i just edited the short cut and changed the command to the correct name.
I uploaded a fixed version in the first post. I'm getting better performance and the settings glitch is now fixed.
edit : settings glitch is not fixed
Thank you so much! It works Awesome.
one thing

install.sh needs to modified 

sudo ap chromium-user.desktop /usr/share/applications

to

sudo cp chromium-user.desktop /usr/share/applications

Thank you!!
(06-05-2017, 02:57 PM)ETAPRIME Wrote: Thank you so much! It works Awesome.
one thing

to

Thank you!!

Smile I will edit the first post and include a fixed package. Thanks for telling me.

(05-24-2017, 08:38 PM)inahd Wrote: amazon video playback look like a flipbook of poop.

It seems as though the newer package fixed that problem, I'm watching Avatar (cartoon) full speed. It has the same performance and problems as Netflix and Hulu. Most of the time full speed HD, some hickups and slowdowns. Temperature is crucial to getting best performance. Mine fluctuates around 47 to 57 celsius
(06-05-2017, 08:08 PM)knuxyl Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 02:57 PM)ETAPRIME Wrote: Thank you so much! It works Awesome.
one thing

to

Thank you!!

Smile I will edit the first post and include a fixed package. Thanks for telling me.

(05-24-2017, 08:38 PM)inahd Wrote: amazon video playback look like a flipbook of poop.

It seems as though the newer package fixed that problem, I'm watching Avatar (cartoon) full speed. It has the same performance and problems as Netflix and Hulu. Most of the time full speed HD, some hickups and slowdowns. Temperature is crucial to getting best performance. Mine fluctuates around 47 to 57 celsius

oh hey i just saw this, gonna try again Smile