This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display Manager crash
Hi,

I've worked with my new Asus Tinkerboard, but suddenly the display manager crashes. So I tried to reboot it, but the tty7 only shows a black screen with kernel messages on it which aren't related to the blackscreen so no error there. And neither in the kernel.log nor in the syslog is any message about this crash.

I have also tried to install a different display manager "gdm3" -> same issue.

The output of 
Code:
service lightdm status
says that it is started.

So what is the problem? Graphic Driver?
That makes the Tinkerboard unusable.
I've found the issue.

The X-Server has an memory leak so when the RAM is full, so lightdm will kill the X-Server and restart it.

Maybe Asus will fix it soon?!