This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armbian on Tinkerboard
Hi, Thank you for support! now I using armbian and tickerboard too.
4.13.10-rt3-rockchip
LSB Version: core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-armhf:core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch:printing-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-armhf:printing-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarchConfusedecurity-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-armhfConfusedecurity-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch
Armbian 5.35 - Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

Hardware Acceleration not works fine. so NO 720p yt video
and i can not change to german layout.
and hdmi will deactivate if i not use the gui and it is not reactivable.
and i can not install my printer

but, rest is good.
(11-26-2017, 12:33 PM)xecuter Wrote: Hi, Thank you for support! now I using armbian and tickerboard too.
4.13.10-rt3-rockchip
LSB Version:    core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-armhf:core-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch:printing-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-armhf:printing-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarchConfusedecurity-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-armhfConfusedecurity-9.20160110ubuntu0.2-noarch
Armbian 5.35 - Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

Hardware Acceleration not works fine. so NO 720p yt video
and i can not change to german layout.
and hdmi will deactivate if i not use the gui and it is not reactivable.
and i can not install my printer

but, rest is good.

I've seen some other people comment on the HDMI deactivating or going black after a while. I fixed this by getting a case with a fan in it. I'm not 100% sure if the same is true for everyone, but I think my device was locking up from overheating. I love the speed of the tinkerboard, but I think with speed comes heat. I haven't seen my system freeze since installing the fan. It stays up for days at a time.

Hope it helps someone.
Updated image:
https://dl.armbian.com/tinkerboard/Ubunt...nightly.7z (kernel 4.14.2)

Quote:and i can not change to german layout.

Check video.

Quote:and hdmi will deactivate if i not use the gui and it is not reactivable.

This part I don't understand what do you mean by that?

Quote:and i can not install my printer

Now it finds your printer automatically.

Thanks to Frank @ASUS to arrange Tinker Board samples for our developers.
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
Update to 4.4.113 and 4.14.15
Armbian. Lightweight Debian Stretch or Ubuntu Bionic for Tinker Board.
MHi, I am new to Linux and SBC’s, but am on a mission to learn it.
I have just got my first SBC(ASUS Tinker Board S) and are eager to get it up and running.
Started with latest version of TinkerOS, but it could not properly get everything up and running, so I googled and came upon Armbian ended up trying Armbian Bionic desktop mainline kernel 4.19.y(installed directly on the eMMC with Etcher), booted but nothing happend.
Then I tried Armbian Stretch desktop mainline kernel 4.19.y, it booted but I could not login. Wrong user name and password. (root/1234) Huh

Any suggestions what I can do next? 

I really want the Armbian up and running.
The password 1234 is used only the first time to log in and then change it. Then you use your own.
So at the first step it's asked you to enter the old password (1234) then change it to whatever you like.
Light blue words might be a link. Have you try to click on them? Big Grin
(02-27-2019, 01:48 AM)Im4Tinker Wrote: The password 1234 is used only the first time to log in and then change it. Then you use your own.
So at the first step it's asked you to enter the old password (1234) then change it to whatever you like.

OMG I am so stupid! It turned out to be a very bad HDMI cabel and a damaged keyboard. Blush
Now, both Armbian versions works as a breeze.  Big Grin
But thanks a lot for fast reply!  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes DutteLutte's post:
  • igorpec