This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatsapp Desktop on armbian
I've done this on armbian, but I imagine it'll work on other distros too. Open a terminal in armbian, then issue:

su

apt-get install npm

git clone https://github.com/Enrico204/Whatsapp-Desktop.git

cd Whatsapp-Desktop 

nano package.json  

Make this edit:

"build:linux": "electron-packager ./app \"WhatsApp\" --out=dist --platform=linux --arch=x64 --version=1.4.3 --icon=assets/win/whatsapp.ico"

to

"build:linux": "electron-packager ./app \"WhatsApp\" --out=dist --platform=linux --arch=armv7l --version=1.4.3 --icon=assets/win/whatsapp.ico"

Exit nano and save changes. Back in terminal, follow the usual build instructions:

Code:
npm install
cd app/
npm install
cd ..
npm run build:linux

Change the current directory to the output folder (after the fairly quick compilation completes)

cd dist/Whatsapp-Desktop-armv7l/

Launch the app:

./Whatsapp 

I set the app to start and automatically log in using the tick-boxes in the settings menu. The app was in the system-tray after a reboot, and worked just fine after a refresh (ctrl+r)
Hi,

I just expanded the build configuration to have ARMv7l target "build:linuxarmv7l". I've also added prebuilt images as ZIP and DEB packages :-)

Regards
(07-31-2017, 01:40 PM)Enrico204 Wrote: Hi,

I just expanded the build configuration to have ARMv7l target "build:linuxarmv7l". I've also added prebuilt images as ZIP and DEB packages :-)

Regards

You legend! Thanks for your work!
(07-31-2017, 05:09 PM)bedalus Wrote:

Regards

Actually I took over the development of this project a month ago :-)
Feel free to open bug report / feature requests on Github for anything :-)
(07-31-2017, 06:19 PM)Enrico204 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 05:09 PM)bedalus Wrote:

Regards

Actually I took over the development of this project a month ago :-)
Feel free to open bug report / feature requests on Github for anything :-)

Yes, I saw you picked it up from someone, but I didn't realise it was that recent. I think you've done a great job so far. Works perfect!
Congrats!!!

Beautiful work i really like it
thank you so much for clearing this issue because i am also wondering about this issue.
Hi there I am again yesterday I have searching on net something and I have found this YOWhatsapp Apk latest verison which is a modifies version of Whatsapp and I read in an article this app allow you to use Whatsapp on desktop so I think you should check this out.