This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube Audio distorted using Firefox
I'm having bad audio on some youtube videos.  It sounds distorted with a monster talking.  I use chrome for those bad audio video pages.
But, I notice that Chrome crashes if I use more than one tab.  Tinker logs off if more than one tab is used.
I have been looking for a solution to fix it.  So as of now I have to bounce between these two browsers.
I have no problems with Youtube Audio on other computers.  This is only on this tinker board.
I have been waiting for an update that fixes this.
Is there a solution now?

I'm using tinkerOS on  a tinker  board.  I like tinkerOS and would like to continue using it.
(07-24-2017, 10:17 PM)Jay Smith Wrote: I'm having bad audio on some youtube videos.  It sounds distorted with a monster talking.  I use chrome for those bad audio video pages.
But, I notice that Chrome crashes if I use more than one tab.  Tinker logs off if more than one tab is used.
I have been looking for a solution to fix it.  So as of now I have to bounce between these two browsers.
I have no problems with Youtube Audio on other computers.  This is only on this tinker board.
I have been waiting for an update that fixes this.
Is there a solution now?

I'm using tinkerOS on  a tinker  board.  I like tinkerOS and would like to continue using it.

I have the same problem with it sometimes crashing with more than one tab open (it logs out current user). 

You could try building Firefox from source since the one ur using was built for generic arm platforms
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/...b9/source/
Type in the address bar
About:config
Search for mp4 , disable the bottom mp4 playback option.
Should now work, it did for me.

I had chromium crash also.
Best way to play YouTube without judder is
Smplayer which includes smtube which allows you to browse YouTube and watch videos, you can also config it to download YouTube vids and watch on the rockplayer
(07-25-2017, 02:42 PM)Z80 Wrote: Type in the address bar

Smplayer which includes smtube which allows you to browse YouTube and watch videos, you can also config it to download YouTube vids and watch on the rockplayer

I install the 1.8v of TinkerOS Debian and updated it and Chromium works with out crashing.
Firefox youtube audio is bad.  I did the about:config and firefox audio/video doesn't work. It doesn't recognize the video format.  So, firefox is broken.
So, the only hope is build firefox and not use the one in synaptic.  Or just wait a long time for them to fix it.
It looks like firefox is not compatable with the Tinker Board.
So I will use chromium for now.  I can't find the addons in chromium.  It seems each browser has a major issue.  It is a work in progress.
I will try the building firefox option and see how it goes.  If anyone has other options post it please.
(07-25-2017, 03:33 PM)Jay Smith Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 02:42 PM)Z80 Wrote: Type in the address bar

I install the 1.8v of TinkerOS Debian and updated it and Chromium works with out crashing.
Firefox youtube audio is bad.  I did the about:config and firefox audio/video doesn't work. It doesn't recognize the video format.  So, firefox is broken.
So, the only hope is build firefox and not use the one in synaptic.  Or just wait a long time for them to fix it.
It looks like firefox is not compatable with the Tinker Board.
So I will use chromium for now.  I can't find the addons in chromium.  It seems each browser has a major issue.  It is a work in progress.
I will try the building firefox option and see how it goes.  If anyone has other options post it please.

I installed Smplayer and learning how to set it up.  The video is running but not smooth.  Do you have a suggestion how to make it run smooth.  I can use this till firefox gets fixed.
I used this link

http://blog.smplayer.info/how-to-downloa...ew-smtube/

Used the youtube-dl option (you need to install youtube-dl)

This means in smtube , you can right click on a video and select youtube-dl, the download will goto the tmp folder
You can then use the tinker os video player to play the file.
this method is great for me since i have a slow internet connection, so i can just wait until the download is complete, before viewing it.
(07-25-2017, 07:46 PM)Z80 Wrote: I used this link

Used the youtube-dl   option (you need to install youtube-dl)

This means in smtube , you can right click on a video and select youtube-dl, the download will goto the tmp  folder
this method is great for me since i have a slow internet connection, so i can just wait until the download is complete, before viewing it.

Ok.  I install it from synaptic.  Thanks
(07-25-2017, 09:18 PM)Jay Smith Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 07:46 PM)Z80 Wrote: I used this link

Used the youtube-dl   option (you need to install youtube-dl)

This means in smtube , you can right click on a video and select youtube-dl, the download will goto the tmp  folder

Ok.  I install it from synaptic.  Thanks

Addons for Chrome/Chromium are called extensions and can be found in More tools/Extensions
Awesome, thanks Z80 that works perfect!
[-] The following 1 user Likes HerschelM's post:
  • HerschelM
Sorry to bother you men, i also have a YouTube playback problem would some one of you help me fix it or give me a solution? When I try downloading YouTube videos with VLC downloader it say vlc is unable to open the mrl. I have no ideas and in this article (http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tip...e-mrl.html) as you can see, it says I must use a third-party converter to fix it. But i do not literally want to convert any videos because YouTube is MP4 with the best compatibility. Do you have any other methods which can fix the playback error?