This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPI Change
Hello all!

I am running the Tinker Board in my car, and it works great! I have a touchscreen overlay that is controlled via a USB controller, and the video runs through an HDMI to Composite converter and takes up my vehicle's entire display and I love that it works so well. The only issue is that icons and the navigation bar/status bar are quite small at 240 DPI on a 6.5" screen. I attempted to change the DPI to higher, but then the TB automatically goes in to phone mode and moves the app launcher to the side, like I just have a phone in landscape mode.

Is it possible to go to a higher DPI but keep the tablet interface?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!
(07-26-2017, 05:39 PM)homestar1217 Wrote: Hello all!

I am running the Tinker Board in my car, and it works great! I have a touchscreen overlay that is controlled via a USB controller, and the video runs through an HDMI to Composite converter and takes up my vehicle's entire display and I love that it works so well. The only issue is that icons and the navigation bar/status bar are quite small at 240 DPI on a 6.5" screen. I attempted to change the DPI to higher, but then the TB automatically goes in to phone mode and moves the app launcher to the side, like I just have a phone in landscape mode.

Is it possible to go to a higher DPI but keep the tablet interface?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Hi,
I have a kind of similar issue while using 7" RPI compatible touchscreen.

My screen resolution (1280x600) is not recongnized during the boot and the touchscreen area does not match with the physical activation on the screen.
I guess I have to calibrate the touchscreen and to declare the screen resolution somewhere.
There is no option like this in the different menus, and if I select the only "HDMI Resolution" option (auto), then the TB goes into a reboot session.
I have quite zero knowledge on Android, any support for Screen resolution/touchscreen calibration procedure is welcome

Sorry for not bringing you solutions but additional problems,
Thanks in advance.