This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touch Screen Gaming
I have been testing the Tinker Board with a touch screen monitor, with gaming being the focus...so far I've been very impressed.  Here is a video showing a few titles running on 23 inch 1920x1080 multi touch monitor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzwhwiEuPBQ
Very nice!
I'm doing something similar. I'm having just one problem: I have a power button on the board (info here https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...t-752.html ) - the touchscreen doesn't seem to get recognized after a wake up. Needs a reboot to work again. Could you check if that's the case for you as well? Shorting the 2 (red) spots is as good as having a button. I would love for this to be my bug so I can have a chance at fixing it.

Edit: it's most likely my bug.
Edit 2: not that sure anymore, but could be an android bug.
(07-28-2017, 08:50 AM)smckbt Wrote: Very nice!
I'm doing something similar. I'm having just one problem: I have a power button on the board (info here https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/threa...t-752.html ) - the touchscreen doesn't seem to get recognized after a wake up. Needs a reboot to work again. Could you check if that's the case for you as well? Shorting the 2 (red) spots is as good as having a button. I would love for this to be my bug so I can have a chance at fixing it.

Edit: it's most likely my bug.
Edit 2: not that sure anymore, but could be an android bug.

I was able to test that and had no problems with the touch screen being recognized after a wake up.  It continued to work just fine.  I tried a few combinations of leaving the Tinker Board on, cycling the power on the monitor as well as changing the input on the monitor and cycling power.  It always came back up and seemed to work fine.

What monitor are you using and how is it connected?
Hi there. I have am trying to use an official 7" RPI touchscreen. Display is OK but touchscreen functonality does not work.
Can you please say me what you have done to run your touchscreen?
May be I missed something (even very simple)
Thanks for your support.
PS: there is a topic focused on this issue, I will forward your reply on it if I go through it
The monitor I'm using is the Dell P2314T. http://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-p2314t/pd

It's is connected to the Tinker Board via HDMI along with a USB connection between the two devices.  No additional drivers or setup are required.  Once the HDMI and USB are connected, it simply works.
(08-03-2017, 05:47 PM)Tinker Talk Wrote: The monitor I'm using is the Dell P2314T. http://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-p2314t/pd

It's is connected to the Tinker Board via HDMI along with a USB connection between the two devices.  No additional drivers or setup are required.  Once the HDMI and USB are connected, it simply works.

Thanks for the info. The official RPI 7" TS does not use an USB connector but the DSI/GPIO.
It seems that Android does not activate or recognize this touch panel driver.
I will investigate if there is a way to interface the SCL/SDA wires coming from the RPI 7"TS to a USB connector.

If you have any suggestion, they are welcome.
(07-29-2017, 04:34 AM)Tinker Talk Wrote: I was able to test that and had no problems with the touch screen being recognized after a wake up.  It continued to work just fine.  I tried a few combinations of leaving the Tinker Board on, cycling the power on the monitor as well as changing the input on the monitor and cycling power.  It always came back up and seemed to work fine.

What monitor are you using and how is it connected?

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

It only happens if I put it to sleep and wake it up quickly. I'm probably interrupting something. Not sure I would call it a bug at this point. (Monitor is a lenovo 23" over USB cable)

Thanks for checking.
Are you having any problems with touch points being sticky/persistent in any way? I have "show touches" enabled, and notice pretty often a touch point sticking around after i take my fingers off the screen, but only if I have 3 concurrent touch points (or more). I can get rid of the persistent touch with 2 concurrent ones. Just wondering if it's my specific touchscreen at fault or not.
(08-15-2017, 12:33 AM)smckbt Wrote: Are you having any problems with touch points being sticky/persistent in any way? I have "show touches" enabled, and notice pretty often a touch point sticking around after i take my fingers off the screen, but only if I have 3 concurrent touch points (or more). I can get rid of the persistent touch with 2 concurrent ones. Just wondering if it's my specific touchscreen at fault or not.

I've not encountered that issue.  Though I've only tried a few programs that even need more than two touch points.  The ones I tried are..."Atomus HD" a fun particle toy and "NodeBeat" a music program.  Both seemed to work fine with 3 or more touch points.
Thanks Smile