Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I stop from automatically determining monitor resolution?
I have a really annoying problem with my current setup.

I have a 1920x1080 television. I can't see anything when it's set to this resolution on the tinker board, so I keep it at 1280x720. 

The problem is, when I turn the television off and back on, the Tinker Board sets the resolution to 1920x1080. If I just do a restart, the login screen will be 1920x1080 but my desktop resolution will be the 1280x720. 

It only changes the resolution if the television was turned off while the Tinker Board was still connected. It's been messing with settings so much that now 1280x720 doesn't even display correctly anymore, there is a big overscan problem now. It used to work fine, and I haven't downloaded or changed anything from the time it was working to the time overscan was a problem. It's definitely related to the constantly changing resolution.

Does anybody know how to fix this behavior? This is not typical of any platform I have ever been on and this needs to be addressed to the team as ASUS.
This worked for me...

I added a file:

/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-resolution.conf

Code:
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier "HDMI-1"
    Option "PreferredMode" "800x600"
EndSection
Obviously change "HDMI-1" and "800x600" to your preferred device and resolution. Reboot.
Thanks - that's also fixed a problem of my screen blanking/blinking every 20-30 seconds (on a nexDock hdmi screen).
(07-29-2017, 10:12 PM)knuxyl Wrote: I have a really annoying problem with my current setup.

I have a 1920x1080 television. I can't see anything when it's set to this resolution on the tinker board, so I keep it at 1280x720. 

The problem is, when I turn the television off and back on, the Tinker Board sets the resolution to 1920x1080. If I just do a restart, the login screen will be 1920x1080 but my desktop resolution will be the 1280x720. 

It only changes the resolution if the television was turned off while the Tinker Board was still connected. It's been messing with settings so much that now 1280x720 doesn't even display correctly anymore, there is a big overscan problem now. It used to work fine, and I haven't downloaded or changed anything from the time it was working to the time overscan was a problem. It's definitely related to the constantly changing resolution.

Does anybody know how to fix this behavior? This is not typical of any platform I have ever been on and this needs to be addressed to the team as ASUS.

Thank you!
(07-29-2017, 10:12 PM)knuxyl Wrote: I have a really annoying problem with my current setup.

for me work 1920x1080@24, [email=1280x720@60]1280x720@60[/email] - this one is very fast like pc