This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keyboard Default Settings
Hi all

New over from the Raspberry Pi so please be gentle ! I'm trying to change the keyboard from US to standard UK. Ive read as much of the Debian help forums I can find but i have no idea which command to issue in the console to change it or which file I'm trying to change via Nano. Any help please ?
Hi

You can try this command to change keyboard layout.

Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
Thanks for that , was driving me bonkers ! For some reason my bog standard texet (model MB 798B) keyboard doesn't seem to work with 105 key UK keyboard (@ on key 2 etc) , still seems to be in US mode. After I exit I get 

update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults

Back to banging my head on the monitor for now I think !  Big Grin

Update : just performed 3rd reboot after third attempt and this time its worked ! thanks again for help Smile
To reconfigure keyboard keymap without rebooting :
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
sudo udevadm trigger --subsystem-match=input --action=change
Thanks @Gooze74 , I presume it was something I was doing wrong as each time I made the same changes but they just wouldn't pick up. Oddly when I rebooted through the GUI rather than the normal 'sudo reboot' it worked.