This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
(01-28-2018, 10:01 PM)rosmander Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 09:04 PM)dmw Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 08:51 PM)rosmander Wrote: @dmw Do you manage to operate with the command of one and play some game of some emulator? Is that I recognize the frontend but when I select the rom and inside it does not work the command and I do not recognize it, the same thing that happens with the keyboard. Have you changed any option of the bluetooth options? just in case there is the problem? And the funny thing that I do not work both peripherals in retroarch, if I start it from retropie does not respond to controls. Does the same thing happen to you?

Controller works for games, doesn't seem to work in the Retroarch interface for me.

I have already achieved that the command of xbox one with bluetooth and the keyboard work perfectly simultaneously with a "but", the problem lies in configuring the command that if you realize when you assign the buttons and use the LT buttons and RT the interface gives error in the configuration skipping some buttons and or having to go up to the right button with the keyboard to reconfigure it or even not assigning any action. Well if you configure the command and when you need to configure the LT and RT button, you do not do it and you pass those two fields with the keyboard down and you continue configuring all the other options, when you finish you can verify that if you use it in games, it goes perfectly even in the retroarch interface, the problem is that you can not use those buttons in emulators when you can not assign them. I guess it is due to some bug in the programming. I hope that @Desproggster takes note and can fix this inconvenience in next revisions, it would be very helpful.

You need to go into retropie setup and install the drivers xboxdvr and xinput, then your stuff will work   On the full image we will add in as many drivers as we can the rest will be up to you. Also when setting up the controller for the first time skip L1 and R2 finish off the config but before clicking ok just go back up to the buttons you "missed" and map them again then scroll back down andd click ok.

(01-28-2018, 02:31 PM)wappi Wrote: My ROMs are not recognized (bin and iso files) for PS2. I am using a FAT32 USB stick. Do I have to store them in a certain folder?  Where can I search for games?
I am a newbie to Retropi...

Sorry no PS2 it's to much for the TB.
Swing by the: RotT FaceBook Group and join for even more help, trick, and tips.

Swing by My YouTube Channel if you get a chance.

Hello,

I have installed the latest version of ROTT, but I struggle with the xin mo usb interface. In retropie, I believe this was implemented at kernel level.

Could you please explain how to use xin mo in ROTT? This will take this image to a usable level for all bartop arcade owners.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Jose
Hi Jose

firstly xin mo usb interface is not implemented in Retropie Kernel ... Retropie is not an operating system it is an application installed over the top of the operating system and as such has not been incorporated into the kernel

if you are using other flavours of operating systems with retropie i cannot advise on xin mo as i personally do not have the components you speak off

ROTT is built on the foundation that it uses a vanilla install of the native operating system provided for the Tinkeboard ... in this case Tinkerboard OS ... keeping the operating system vanilla means that when it comes to supporting it users can ask questions on the forum and get answers and help from the FAQ/ Forum/ Help pages which are readily available

if you want something added to the kernel there are a number of ways this can be achieved, one would be by submitting a request with appropriate source code to the Team who create the Tinkerboard OS and ask that they roll it into the next release of the Distribution.

Or alternatively you can roll your sleaves up and repackage the kernel with your additional modules included and create your own image with xin mo support and we can look at creating a ROTT for Bartop using your image and new kernel

I have no plans at this time to create a Bartop setup and therefore i will not be going to the expense of purchasing the hardware required for such a venture

Please also remember that this venture is currently a 2 man team and unlike the Raspberry Pi community where they have hundreds of people working on projects we are limited in our precious time

Kori
[Image: ROTT_1_Logo.png]
(01-29-2018, 04:50 PM)Crash Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 10:01 PM)rosmander Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 09:04 PM)dmw Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 08:51 PM)rosmander Wrote: @dmw Do you manage to operate with the command of one and play some game of some emulator? Is that I recognize the frontend but when I select the rom and inside it does not work the command and I do not recognize it, the same thing that happens with the keyboard. Have you changed any option of the bluetooth options? just in case there is the problem? And the funny thing that I do not work both peripherals in retroarch, if I start it from retropie does not respond to controls. Does the same thing happen to you?

Controller works for games, doesn't seem to work in the Retroarch interface for me.

I have already achieved that the command of xbox one with bluetooth and the keyboard work perfectly simultaneously with a "but", the problem lies in configuring the command that if you realize when you assign the buttons and use the LT buttons and RT the interface gives error in the configuration skipping some buttons and or having to go up to the right button with the keyboard to reconfigure it or even not assigning any action. Well if you configure the command and when you need to configure the LT and RT button, you do not do it and you pass those two fields with the keyboard down and you continue configuring all the other options, when you finish you can verify that if you use it in games, it goes perfectly even in the retroarch interface, the problem is that you can not use those buttons in emulators when you can not assign them. I guess it is due to some bug in the programming. I hope that @Desproggster takes note and can fix this inconvenience in next revisions, it would be very helpful.

You need to go into retropie setup and install the drivers xboxdvr and xinput, then your stuff will work   On the full image we will add in as many drivers as we can the rest will be up to you. Also when setting up the controller for the first time skip L1 and R2 finish off the config but before clicking ok just go back up to the buttons you "missed" and map them again then scroll back down andd click ok.

Hello again, the xboxdrv drivers have been installed and activated but the xinput drivers do not see them in the list. Could you tell me how to proceed? I have installed the xbox drivers as you have indicated and I have configured the command as you tell me to work but you have to configure the LT and RT button at least 3 or 4 times modifying them so that it does not block later, the same thing happens because I do not have the xinput drivers installed that you tell me I can not find. I hope you can help me. And one last thing to be able to synchronize the controls of xbox one by bluetooth it is necessary to add as indicated the companion dmw the command "bluetooth.disable_ertm = Y" inside the file "extlinux.conf", because if it never matches it, it detects it but not synchronizes it Could you fix this in the next updates so that you do not have to modify that file every time the image is recorded in a micro sd? A pleasure and I await your news about it, thank you.
(01-31-2018, 03:10 PM)rosmander Wrote: Hello again, the xboxdrv drivers have been installed and activated but the xinput drivers do not see them in the list. Could you tell me how to proceed? I have installed the xbox drivers as you have indicated and I have configured the command as you tell me to work but you have to configure the LT and RT button at least 3 or 4 times modifying them so that it does not block later, the same thing happens because I do not have the xinput drivers installed that you tell me I can not find. I hope you can help me. And one last thing to be able to synchronize the controls of xbox one by bluetooth it is necessary to add as indicated the companion dmw the command "bluetooth.disable_ertm = Y" inside the file "extlinux.conf", because if it never matches it, it detects it but not synchronizes it Could you fix this in the next updates so that you do not have to modify that file every time the image is recorded in a micro sd? A pleasure and I await your news about it, thank you.
"xinput" 

I did a review for you that driver is pre-installed, as a part of linux. so you are good there.

"you have to configure the LT and RT button at least 3 or 4 times modifying them so that it does not block later"

This is a known bug in RetroPie, this is something you'll have to live with I'm sorry. the only one that can fix that is RetroPie Dev's and they have tried since 3.8 I believe.

""bluetooth.disable_ertm = Y"" 

Adding to the .conf file works great with Xbox controller, but do you know if it cause issues for the other types of BT controllers? I would need to look into that, but all I have is a PS3 controller to test with, I can't install that driver because it changes the Bluetooth stack and I have to set it up when every I try a new image, small price to pay for me to use the controller I would like to use.  

"Could you fix this in the next updates so that you do not have to modify that file every time the image is recorded in a micro sd?" 

I could but it might cause other problems for other people, it's a big give and take. What works for you might make the image unstable for others. If this added in does not mess with anything else I will totally add it.

Controllers are always something i leave up to the end user, that's on you because i don't know what you will be using.

Here is a quick tip. when you burn the image you can add that to the file and make a copy to drop right in, you can access that file from your PC right after you burn it. Set it up and make a copy of the file so you can drag and drop it right after you make it. 

The Good news here is that we know of the fix to get this controller working with just 1 tweak and downloading the driver. 

Remember we are making the base image trying to get it running so any one can take it and make it work how they want it to. i will only be installing controller drivers that do not mess with the BT stack, so both you and I will have to set up our controllers. your not alone and I'm not even helping it easier on my self so it doesn't mess any one up. 

I'm not trying to be difficult or a bad guy, I just have to think would would be best for everyone, not just the few that use one type of controller, if i can make it easy for everyone i will, but lets be honest what you have to do to get it working is very very simple, in the grand scheme of things not top priority. You should see what you have to do to get an 8bitdo BT working, Or my Ipega -9055, I would love to just add a line and install a driver and go.

(01-31-2018, 06:11 PM)Crash Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 03:10 PM)rosmander Wrote: Hello again, the xboxdrv drivers have been installed and activated but the xinput drivers do not see them in the list. Could you tell me how to proceed? I have installed the xbox drivers as you have indicated and I have configured the command as you tell me to work but you have to configure the LT and RT button at least 3 or 4 times modifying them so that it does not block later, the same thing happens because I do not have the xinput drivers installed that you tell me I can not find. I hope you can help me. And one last thing to be able to synchronize the controls of xbox one by bluetooth it is necessary to add as indicated the companion dmw the command "bluetooth.disable_ertm = Y" inside the file "extlinux.conf", because if it never matches it, it detects it but not synchronizes it Could you fix this in the next updates so that you do not have to modify that file every time the image is recorded in a micro sd? A pleasure and I await your news about it, thank you.
"xinput" 

I did a review for you that driver is pre-installed, as a part of linux. so you are good there.

"you have to configure the LT and RT button at least 3 or 4 times modifying them so that it does not block later"

This is a known bug in RetroPie, this is something you'll have to live with I'm sorry. the only one that can fix that is RetroPie Dev's and they have tried since 3.8 I believe.

Adding to the .conf file works great with Xbox controller, but do you know if it cause issues for the other types of BT controllers? I would need to look into that, but all I have is a PS3 controller to test with, I can't install that driver because it changes the Bluetooth stack and I have to set it up when every I try a new image, small price to pay for me to use the controller I would like to use.  

"Could you fix this in the next updates so that you do not have to modify that file every time the image is recorded in a micro sd?" 

I could but it might cause other problems for other people, it's a big give and take. What works for you might make the image unstable for others. If this added in does not mess with anything else I will totally add it.

Controllers are always something i leave up to the end user, that's on you because i don't know what you will be using.

Here is a quick tip. when you burn the image you can add that to the file and make a copy to drop right in, you can access that file from your PC right after you burn it. Set it up and make a copy of the file so you can drag and drop it right after you make it. 

The Good news here is that we know of the fix to get this controller working with just 1 tweak and downloading the driver. 

Remember we are making the base image trying to get it running so any one can take it and make it work how they want it to. i will only be installing controller drivers that do not mess with the BT stack, so both you and I will have to set up our controllers. your not alone and I'm not even helping it easier on my self so it doesn't mess any one up. 

I'm not trying to be difficult or a bad guy, I just have to think would would be best for everyone, not just the few that use one type of controller, if i can make it easy for everyone i will, but lets be honest what you have to do to get it working is very very simple, in the grand scheme of things not top priority. You should see what you have to do to get an 8bitdo BT working, Or my Ipega -9055, I would love to just add a line and install a driver and go.

I would agree that the base image should not incorporate controller specific tweaks. It is now documented how to get the Xbox One S Bluetooth controller working, small change required at install time, not a big deal.
(01-31-2018, 06:11 PM)Crash Wrote:
"xinput" 

Thank you very much for being so patient and kind to me, I understand perfectly what you tell me and you have all the reason. The adjustment that needs to be made to connect the Xbox control via bluetooth is so unimportant that I do not mind doing it all the time, I did not know that this command could harm others. Too good is everything to have done it in such a short time only between two people, too much I would say. Thanks for helping me and it's a pleasure
Hi guys, huge respect for creating content on Tinker Board. Thank you and good luck , raspberry pie is a revolution on retrogaming scene; as everyone i had a long period of learning, optimising and adjusting retropie, retroarch and all around tinkering with the board itself  since i had no experiance using a linux based system before. I was so satisfied in the end with my creation. i have a well cooled and overclocked system with bezels, shaders and all that jazz. 

Pi3 is almost perfect on performance until and including ps1, some games works very nice on dreamcast and nintendo 64 but as you know these two systems just dont function as they should be.

My expectation from your progress is to be able to play Nintendo 64 and Dreamcast on par with Ps1 in terms of fps and quality of sound. Anyway just dropped in to say thank you and keep up the good work!
Here are a couple audio settings for emulationstation on the tinkerboard:

How to force spdif out in Emulationstation:
note: This is only useful if you solder a header to the Tinker Board. Joe cover it in full at a later time.

Add the following to your asound.conf

sudo nano /etc/asound.conf

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:0,1"
}
}
ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
}

How to force 3.5mm audio out in Emulationstation:

Add the following to your asound.conf

sudo nano /etc/asound.conf

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:0,2"
}
}
ctl.!default {
type hw
card 0
}

This was tested on Joe's Sound system with the spdif, the 3.5mm jack was tested on Rich's handheld build that need audio via the 3.5mm jack.

Hi All it's that time again ...

ROTT 0.6 Beta is here

features 

New ES Theme

This theme is a black shiny glass theme, we are aware not all the consoles artwork is there. This will be added to as we know which ones are missing

exciting new Splashscreen's

This functionality is a must for ES and ROTT, you can change your Splash to any Splash you want, the instructions are in the /home/linaro directory

Attract mode

this is brand new, and yet un-configured, we have an Attract mode guru onboard who will be configuring this for future releases. Right now it is there for you to Tinker with

As with all the previous releases this is a community effort and all you feedback, Tweaks and tricks are necessary to help this to go forward

Link to get your copy

ROTT 16GB 0.6 Beta Image

again i hope you enjoy

Thanks from the ROTT Team Big Grin
[Image: ROTT_1_Logo.png]