This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
(03-19-2018, 04:33 PM)Crash Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 02:46 PM)Sam Wrote: what's the best image to use on the tinker ? I currently use armbian and it's pretty good

Like in general, any that you can get working at this point.

Hi to be honest i am happy with the image in its current state i have all my fav emulators i need on it but any chance you can fix just the audio issues where sound does not work sometimes. I have tried tinker confiq to force hdmi audio but it has a mind of its own sound works when it wants to. would apreciate any help or a fix i don't want to go back to raspberry pi again please don't send me back there agin Wink
(03-20-2018, 01:00 PM)jutleys Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 02:46 PM)Sam Wrote: what's the best image to use on the tinker ? I currently use armbian and it's pretty good

Hi to be honest i am happy with the image in its current state i have all my fav emulators i need on it but any chance you can fix just the audio issues where sound does not work sometimes. I have tried tinker confiq to force hdmi audio but it has a mind of its own sound works when it wants to. would apreciate any help or a fix i don't want to go back to raspberry pi again please don't send me back there agin Wink

That would be good ! Yeah I come from a raspberry too and I certainly don't want to go back. Love the tinkerboard

(03-20-2018, 01:00 PM)jutleys Wrote:

That would be good ! Yeah I come from a raspberry too and I certainly don't want to go back. Love the tinkerboard
Sound finally working changed from monitor to 4k tv sound seems to work now must be a bug well hope we can get these mali drivers into the kernel hope it gets done because this is a awesome image thank you.
Tried an one of two images that were sent to me last night. Still no dice. I’ll try the next one in a few days
Swing by the: RotT FaceBook Group and join for even more help, trick, and tips.

Swing by My YouTube Channel if you get a chance.

I heard rumors that recalbox is getting work done on the Tinkerboard soon on the recalbox irc.
(04-10-2018, 12:59 PM)sgtjimmyrustles Wrote: I heard rumors that recalbox is getting work done on the Tinkerboard soon on the recalbox irc.

That would be cool, at least it would be something similar to retropie.

Edit: i reflashed the sd card and it worked on my 4k tv once. i rebooted and now there is still no signal... i am confused why it worked once. power supply is 2.5a/5v.

hi everyone,

First, thank you all for your hard work and the awesome images that you guys provided. I got one problem that maybe you guys can help me with.

When I start the retropie V0.6.5, it works on all my screens, 720P, 1080P, even VGA with hdmi adapter, except my 4K 240Hz TV. It says no signal all the time...

When I do a flash with TinkerOs 2.0.5, it does boot on my 4k TV. But when I flash to the ROTT 0.6.5 or the CRASH version, no signal on the 4k tv, but works flawless on all the 5 screens I tryed...

I tried to modify (uncomment) the config file with:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2
config_hdmi_boost=4
disable_overscan=1

Did try different combinations of that, also i tryed to switch resolution with what is below, but doesn't seems to actually change it:
framebuffer_width=**** tryed a few
framebuffer_height=**** tryed a few

or HDMI_CVT = **** **** ** tryed a few

I also tryed:
hdmi_safe=1

I think that anything I change doesn't have any effect when I reboot. Did I miss anything ? It does work everywhere except on my 4k TV... I also did try on my mom's 4k TV and i get no signal either...

Regards,
(04-12-2018, 08:42 PM)Skinless Wrote: Edit: i reflashed the sd card and it worked on my 4k tv once. i rebooted and now there is still no signal... i am confused why it worked once. power supply is 2.5a/5v.

hi everyone,

First, thank you all for your hard work and the awesome images that you guys provided. I got one problem that maybe you guys can help me with.

When I start the retropie V0.6.5, it works on all my screens, 720P, 1080P, even VGA with hdmi adapter, except my 4K 240Hz TV. It says no signal all the time...

When I do a flash with TinkerOs 2.0.5, it does boot on my 4k TV. But when I flash to the ROTT 0.6.5 or the CRASH version, no signal on the 4k tv, but works flawless on all the 5 screens I tryed...

I tried to modify (uncomment) the config file with:
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2
config_hdmi_boost=4
disable_overscan=1

Did try different combinations of that, also i tryed to switch resolution with what is below, but doesn't seems to actually change it:
framebuffer_width=**** tryed a few
framebuffer_height=**** tryed a few

or HDMI_CVT = **** **** ** tryed a few

I also tryed:
hdmi_safe=1

I think that anything I change doesn't have any effect when I reboot.  Did I miss anything ? It does work everywhere except on my 4k TV... I also did try on my mom's 4k TV and i get no signal either...

Regards,

My tv actually have a 4th hdmi connection with a pc logo on the side i guess it is boosted but it finally works
There has been great headway over in the Facebook group by Two members. of course we will Post here. Stay tuned!!

Here you go, some advicement on the project. Go and grab the Armbian 5.41 Debian stretch without a desktop, and follow the driections on the GitHub. Closer and closer. You can thank the team for this. 

https://github.com/Tinkerpie/Armbian-Setup