This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
ROTT basic 

Basic retropie install no frills 
Auto expanding.

User: pi
Password: tinkerboard 

Root access 

User: root
Password: tinkerboard 

WiFi can only be set up via armbian-config, exit to command line type sudo armbian-config

Link: ROTT Basic
Swing by the: RotT FaceBook Group and join for even more help, trick, and tips.

Swing by My YouTube Channel if you get a chance.

I posted this on the Armbian forums in hope of getting some help on this issue. Perhaps someone here with some experience with sound drivers might be able to chime in....

I used the script named BGM-For-ES for background music on Emulation Station which can be found with a Google search as I'm unable to post links here.

The BGM script takes over all audio so for instance the audio in games does not work or any other audio such as audio from the video snap files.

I also get this error message when I go into command prompt:

"lv10: VolumeControl::init() - Failed to find mixer elements!"

If I "force" Retro Pie in settings to output to HDMI that error message goes away but however the issue still remains. I also also gotten ALSA error messages as well but I can't remember what they are sadly. Is there potentially a ALSA driver issue? Or is it something else?

The ROTT build posted by Crash should be able to replicate this issue as well.
I found that Lakka 2.1 for tinkerboard is actually pretty good (Released November 2017) ! Best image that I found for now, works like a charm, compared to retropie, it is a lot more friendly user. I did try different builds and still prefer lakka for now, I guess it is personnal choice. I have over 10000 roms with thumbnails and it seems to work very well. Nin 64 games are still a gamble, some works perfectly (Mario Kart 64, diddy kong racing, Mario 64, donkey kong 64, and more) and some have very glitchy sound, or unplayable (Golden Eye, Banjo Kazooi, super smash, conkers bad fur day, and a lot more). I guess it will get better with new releases. Everything else looks good for now. Also the main screen of lakka is pretty awesome. BTW for playlists you are better with no intro roms. I just didn't find a way to overclock the tinkerboard yet. I found that Asus says that you can overclock to 2.2 Ghz, but can't find anything about it.
Fixed BGM issues, ROTT v1.0.3 stable is currently in testing phase. Psp, n64, and reicast working like a charm. Tune back in in the next few days for the link. Also keep an eye out for my heavily modified version. Think what if ROTT meets Motion Blue. Swing by the Facebook page for More day to day updates.

(05-23-2018, 07:14 AM)Crash Wrote: Fixed BGM issues, ROTT v1.0.3 stable is currently in testing phase. Psp, n64, and reicast working like a charm. Tune back in in the next few days for the link. Also keep an eye out for my heavily modified version. Think what’s if ROTT meets Motion Blue. Swing by the Facebook page for Moreno day to day updates.

rott+mb sounds awesome smooshed together on tinkerboard cant wait nice work friend
ROTT 1.0.3 stable image (link at the bottom, please read)

2.6gb download size
5.0gb image size(unzipped)

• Auto expanding on first boot(makes full sd card useable)
• WiFi
• Bluetooth 
• SAMBA shares
• Bezel Project
• BGM on/off toggle in retropiemenu 
• ROTT Custom Theme
• BIOS pack
• PPSSPP 
• lr-parallel64 
• Reicast
• Retroarch cores (solid set, need help testing)
• BGM - Background Music (just add in your favorite tracks)
• Splashscreen video (just rename your favorite splash to intro.mp4 and drop in the splashscreens folder)

User: tinker
Password: tinker

Root access 
User: root
Password: tinkermaster

—————————————————
Please test and let us know what doesn’t build and what doesn’t work, we will add it to the list. Thank you for patiently waiting. This is the best image yet.   

Link: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wCyrKL...8fr6ia5Xm3

My image will be posted in the ROTT Facebook group in a week or so. 

Hey Crash,

thank you so much for your ROTT!!!
I found a little Problem. I use iNNEXT SNES-Controller, but he don´t dedected these. Are other SNES-Controller working? I updated all drivers for Controller but no dedecting.

I read, i can change the BGM. Can i change it over Windows or need i a Linux System?

Thank you for all and more!

best regards!
I've been having issues setting up my Xbox 360 or Logitech F710 Controller (both same the same issue)
When I get to the Shoulder Buttons and press one it jumps to the next one assigning nothing or something else.
I don't have this issue on the Raspberry Pi. Only on Tinkerboard.

Is there a fix for this anytime soon?
Hey Crash,

I fixed some problems, like to start ps1-games. My biggest concern is, that my SNES-Controller (USB-Cable) and my N64 (USB-Cable) are not working. I need help plsss.

thank you for all and more.

best regards.

PS.: Dreamcast Emulator is laggy, what can i do? Wink
hi guy
thanks for your work
the last image run perfectly
just a question : why you remove the desktop ?