This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
i don;t know my steps are necessary or not.
1. download libmali from https://github.com/rockchip-linux/libmali
$>cmake .
Hi All....

New to the forum ... just got my tinker board yesterday ... long time retrogamer on the PI ... so this was my first job to get Retropie running on this board ... i have managed to compile/build and install Retropie on the Tinker board using Tinker OS 2.0.4 ... using the Retropie installation instructions for debian environments

so far testing and game play on the SNES/N64 going good ... i will be adding more roms today for other consoles and testing

I have taken a backup image of current status of 64gb in size ... i will be working on testing and adding games to working emulators before creating a final image which i will be happy to share Big Grin
(01-10-2018, 10:18 AM)Desproggster Wrote: Hi All....

New to the forum ... just got my tinker board yesterday ... long time retrogamer on the PI ... so this was my first job to get Retropie running on this board ... i have managed to compile/build and install Retropie on the Tinker board using Tinker OS 2.0.4 ... using the Retropie installation instructions for debian environments

so far testing and game play on the SNES/N64 going good ... i will be adding more roms today for other consoles and testing

I have taken a backup image of current status of 64gb in size ... i will be working on testing and adding games to working emulators before creating a final image which i will be happy to share Big Grin

ETA  Prime will be happy
right now i am working on

grainy sound issues from pulseaudio to HDMI ... this is purely Retropie/Retroarch software causing output issue

8bitdo controllers running on bluetooth with no issues

Retroarch has some issues not being able to grab cores for emulators ... so working on this too

few issues with adding other roms for other consoles where emulationstation failing to load because of failing to build gamelist.xml ... also working on this
(01-11-2018, 04:51 PM)Desproggster Wrote: right now i am working on

grainy sound issues from pulseaudio to HDMI ... this is purely Retropie/Retroarch software causing output issue

8bitdo controllers running on bluetooth with no issues

Retroarch has some issues not being able to grab cores for emulators ... so working on this too

few issues with adding other roms for other consoles where emulationstation failing to load because of failing to build gamelist.xml ... also working on this

that sound good,
like your project cause I like Snes9x too.
Arrow  Everything is just at beginning
another tinker today and i have got Retropie Manager running with no issues

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ok so working on some more today ...

Retroarch - resolved Online Updater ... able to download and update all content of Retroarch ... including Cores, Cheat, Shaders, Controllers

Working on adding Kodi to menu ... failing to launch from menu with unable to launch X Window - No display detected ... on to do list

N64 games are choppy and most fail to load

PSX Games all tried have loaded and run with no issues or lag

Mastersystem Games all load and run with no issues

Megadrive Games all load and run with no issues

SNES Games all load and run with no issues

and the testing and fault finding continues ... i will take another image this evening and look at getting it setup as a torrent to download ... never done that before so will be interesting lol

wish me luck Big Grin
Brilliant work mate thank you so much for taking the time to get this up and running on the Tinkerboard!!
Good morning,

Could you share how to install Snes9x on Tinker Debian OS ?

Thank a Ton
Arrow  Everything is just at beginning
(01-16-2018, 12:39 AM)Voilam Wrote: Good morning,

Could you share how to install Snes9x on Tinker Debian OS ?

Thank a Ton

The Snes9x is part of the Retropie setup .... i can dig the code out later for you to look at Big Grin

i have taken a short video of the setup so far i am creating on 16gb card for a smaller upload to share