This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
Hi All

below is link to very raw version of Retropie Tinker Image 0.1, this hasnt got all the configurations i have made to my full 64GB image which i will upload at some point in the near future

It is a 16GB image rar'd to 3.7GB ... 

I am still having issues with Pulse throughput to HDMI for sound on the games ... i have turned sound off as default because after 10 minutes of listening to the grainy noise it gets nauseating - if there is a sound Guru on here that can smash that problem it would sure help ...

Retropie Manager works flawlessly ... open browser and goto XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8000 from any other PC/Device on your local network to drop BIOS/ROMS and check stats and edit configs

I have left default theme - install these from ES Themes in Retropie menu

Retropie Menu >> Bluetooth ... to enable your bluetooth controlloers and configure them ... i use 8Bitdo controllers and the auto config for those work .... set Bluetooth to monitor in background on reboot as default behaviour then you only have to reboot and press a button on your controller and it will reconnect no issues

there are no Roms for copyright reasons ... i dont want to be bringing any unnecessary attention to the forum from game providers

Please enjoy and leave feedback ... tips and tricks to get other stuff you have managed to get working

Retropie Tinker Image 0.1

Thanks

Kori Big Grin
Hi Kori,

inspire of you,

I installed Retropie in TOS 2.04,
Now, when i type command: emulationstation, it is run and show a screen that require ROM... etc

What is the next step should I do ?
could you please sharing how to get SNES9X work in Retropie

Thanks
Arrow  Everything is just at beginning
Voilam,

did you install the image or did you install from source???

On the image Retropie Manager is working so you can open a browser and type the ipaddress to the Tinker XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8000 and click on Roms and simply drag and drop ... or alternatively go to ~/Retropie/Roms/snes directory and place them there

Kori Big Grin
hi,

I did install from here:
https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Debian

I only have 1 OS here, could you please share the source of your snes folder ?
Arrow  Everything is just at beginning
Hi All,

after working the kinks out with Audio throughput to HDMI ... i now have good sound on the games apart from the N64 games ... that is still choppy but this is solely down to the emulator ... 

I have created a new image with the tweaks, bios files, and sound fixed

Getting Kodi to load from Retropie is still a work in progress

new video

once the upload is complete i will add the link to this message Big Grin

Kori Big Grin
Any luck with PPSSPP yet?
as promised the link to new image ... it is slightly larger but easily fits onto 16GB SD card

Retropie Tinker Image 0.2

as for PPSSPP i am just compliling it now to see if it runs and works i will get back to you Big Grin

Kori Big Grin
Superb work mate thank you so much !

Come on ETA Prime lets have one of your brilliant emulation video's!! Perhaps a comparison to the Odroid XU4 ! Smile
hi kori i ll try it as its dl ;Wink and let u know
(01-20-2018, 04:07 PM)Desproggster Wrote: as promised the link to new image ... it is slightly larger but easily fits onto 16GB SD card

Retropie Tinker Image 0.2

as for PPSSPP i am just compliling it now to see if it runs and works i will get back to you Big Grin

Kori Big Grin

Thanks for building this. I downloaded and it's up and running. For some reason I can't connect to my WiFi, any ideas? As I was typing this I just realized you probably have your WiFi setting configured for a country other than the US. I'll set my regional settings and let you know if that fixes it.