This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
ETA PRIME's look at it:
(01-23-2018, 02:54 PM)Mikerr Wrote: ETA PRIME's look at it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDKxgDkNldI

I know I stoked he had time to look at the image. if Im' correct you made the TinkerOS plus 2.0.04?

i want to make a standalone RetroPie image do you know or can make a gui-less image with all the most up-to-date drivers?
Swing by the: RotT FaceBook Group and join for even more help, trick, and tips.

Swing by My YouTube Channel if you get a chance.

Making GUI less install is easy from the Tinker OS 2.0.4

Take the stock image
  • Run the Retropie Setup for Debian steps
  • Within Retropie settings setup to boot straight to EmulationStation
  • Press f4 type in startx to launch the Desktop
  • Open TinkerBoard Configuration ... Preferences >> TinkerBoard Configuration
  • Choose to boot to CLI
  • Reboot
  • in EmulationStation press f4 and then startx
  • run the following to remove the LXDE Desktop
  • sudo apt-get remove lxappearance lxde lxde-* lxinput lxmenu-data lxpanel lxpolkit lxrandr lxsession* lxsession lxshortcut lxtask lxterminal
  • Reboot again
  • you will now only have EmulationStation
I prefer to leave the GUI in the PORTS section it allows users to get to the Desktop and have the GUI tools for fault finding etc

Kori Big Grin
OK as this appears to be a very popular project ... i have created a project board over at Sourceforge (thanks Mikerr for the suggestion)

I think Crash gave a great name for it ROTT (Retropie on the TinkerBoard)

https://sourceforge.net/projects/retropi...nkerboard/

Please feel free to give feedback and suggestions .... this is still Beta in release as it is a Work In Progress ... we will look at collaborating with Asus, the Retropie Team and other 3rd Parties to bring the best release of Retropie to TinkerBoard

Right now we are working on bringing the 2 images we have created together into one and unifying the work myself and Crash have done to get the best possible Retro Gaming experience to you guys Big Grin

Kori Big Grin
(01-24-2018, 08:47 AM)Desproggster Wrote: OK as this appears to be a very popular project ... i have created a project board over at Sourceforge (thanks Mikerr for the suggestion)

Please feel free to give feedback and suggestions .... this is still Beta in release as it is a Work In Progress ... we will look at collaborating with Asus, the Retropie Team and other 3rd Parties to bring the best release of Retropie to TinkerBoard

Right now we are working on bringing the 2 images we have created together into one and unifying the work myself and Crash have done to get the best possible Retro Gaming experience to you guys Big Grin

Kori Big Grin

Great job! Thanks for the effort you and Crash put in to bring RetroPie to TinkerBoard!
(01-24-2018, 02:41 PM)qaplus Wrote:
(01-24-2018, 08:47 AM)Desproggster Wrote: OK as this appears to be a very popular project ... i have created a project board over at Sourceforge (thanks Mikerr for the suggestion)

Kori Big Grin

Great job! Thanks for the effort you and Crash put in to bring RetroPie to TinkerBoard!

it was Fate Desproggster, and I met up. now that we can collaborate, this is moving along nicely.

Glad to see this happening. I might think about switching over soon enough and getting a tinkerboard since it supposedly fits with the nespi case from retroflag.

Stop by our discord server too if you wanna chat. It's the unofficial retropie discord.

https://discord.gg/JdXc6nx

Also, Crash, that name is a great name. You should make a splash screen based on the Rise of the Triad game!
Photo 
i have mine setup in a NesPi case

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-25-2018, 11:42 AM)Desproggster Wrote: i have mine setup in a NesPi case

That's my ultimate goal. That or the Rasptendo case.
(01-21-2018, 03:11 PM)Desproggster Wrote: "Kodi now launches from the Retropie Carouselle and from the PORTS sections ...

simple issue of my controller not being functional ... on the todo list to figure out why Kodi is not seeing it"
You'll need to get the joystick addon, I'll see if i can get the zip and it going for us, kodi 17.3 (on the PI and android) needed an update package then it was able to detect the controller. No biggie.