This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RetroPie on the Tinker Board
nice new logo courtesy of a very good friend Big Grin

enjoy

Kori Big Grin

(01-26-2018, 08:21 AM)Desproggster Wrote: nice new logo courtesy of a very good friend Big Grin

enjoy

Kori Big Grin

I was kinda hoping it'd look like the Rise of the Triad symbol.  Sad
Photo 
Hi All,

Myself and Crash have been busying ourselves away on a new beta image

0.5 Includes

1. tinker-config - added to the Retropie menu
  2. parrallel64 - added to N64 Emulator core options
  3. ppsspp - Playstation Portable Emulator added
  4. image compression for smaller download size
  5. Project named to ROTT (Retropie on the TinkBoard)
  6. new logo design for project

we are working at getting a lot more of the emulators functional that aren't part of the Retropie install that is currently being offered

Image available here

ROTT 0.5 Image

Note: This image needs to have it's filesystem expanded, so open tinker-config >>> advanced options >>> expand filesystem
[url=https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xlop-2G7oeAjgZHg7kLcRPjQ5H39CvXd/view?usp=sharing][/url]

many thanks

ROTT Team Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks guys really apreciate all the hard work here i am tired of a pi3b setup now time to move on to bigger and better things.I hope we can get this optimised to really make use of what the tinker board has to offer hardware wise.Hopefully arcadepunks website will see what’s going on and we will get some good support for new images like the odroid xu4 recently.Good luck guys looking forward to next release already.

PS i have notices Tinker boards are selling like hot cakes on amazon lately o wonder why? Wink
Hi, I have registered to thank you for the enormous work that you are doing for the asus tinker board and retropie, today I received my amazon plate and I am looking forward to trying it with this new joint version 0.5. I would like to ask you if this version has the default support for the command of xbox one with bluetooth, since I read in previous pages that I did not have support and that I had to add the line "bluetooth.disable_ertm = Y" that said the partner @dmw to the file "extlinux.conf" to work or if on the contrary it is no longer necessary and has native support in the image created by you.
At the same time I would like to know if said retropie image has usb support to put the roms through an external hdd of 2.5.
No more a greeting and sorry for my English Google translator.
(01-27-2018, 02:04 AM)rosmander Wrote: Hi, I have registered to thank you for the enormous work that you are doing for the asus tinker board and retropie, today I received my amazon plate and I am looking forward to trying it with this new joint version 0.5. I would like to ask you if this version has the default support for the command of xbox one with bluetooth, since I read in previous pages that I did not have support and that I had to add the line "bluetooth.disable_ertm = Y" that said the partner @dmw to the file "extlinux.conf" to work or if on the contrary it is no longer necessary and has native support in the image created by you.
At the same time I would like to know if said retropie image has usb support to put the roms through an external hdd of 2.5.

You still need to add bluetooth.disable_ertm=Y to extlinux.conf if you want to use an Xbox One S Bluetooth controller.
(01-27-2018, 02:10 AM)dmw Wrote:
(01-27-2018, 02:04 AM)rosander Wrote: Hi, I have registered to thank you for the enormous work that you are doing for the asus tinker board and retropie, today I received my amazon plate and I am looking forward to trying it with this new joint version 0.5. I would like to ask you if this version has the default support for the command of xbox one with bluetooth, since I read in previous pages that I did not have support and that I had to add the line "bluetooth.disable_ertm = Y" that said the partner @dmw to the file "extlinux.conf" to work or if on the contrary it is no longer necessary and has native support in the image created by you.

You still need to add bluetooth.disable_ertm=Y to extlinux.conf if you want to use an Xbox One S Bluetooth controller.

ok thanks, I'll add it then. I hope that in future versions the creators can add it in a native way. And do you know if you can use an external hdd via usb to add the roms? I ask if you have the option to mount it added the image or not.
(01-27-2018, 02:13 AM)rosmander Wrote:
(01-27-2018, 02:04 AM)rosander Wrote: Hi, I have registered to thank you for the enormous work that you are doing for the asus tinker board and retropie, today I received my amazon plate and I am looking forward to trying it with this new joint version 0.5. I would like to ask you if this version has the default support for the command of xbox one with bluetooth, since I read in previous pages that I did not have support and that I had to add the line "bluetooth.disable_ertm = Y" that said the partner @dmw to the file "extlinux.conf" to work or if on the contrary it is no longer necessary and has native support in the image created by you.

ok thanks, I'll add it then. I hope that in future versions the creators can add it in a native way. And do you know if you can use an external hdd via usb to add the roms? I ask if you have the option to mount it added the image or not.

I've added ROMs with an external USB flash drive, haven't tried an HDD, the only potential issue would be power if the HDD doesn't have it's own power supply.
Guys thanks for all your hard work and getting the rott to work on the tinker board i bought mine only 3 days back and didnt have to wait long, now only if 4k played from nas drive i would be happy bunny
Thanks again
(01-27-2018, 02:32 AM)dmw Wrote:
(01-27-2018, 02:13 AM)rosmander Wrote:

I've added ROMs with an external USB flash drive, haven't tried an HDD, the only potential issue would be power if the HDD doesn't have it's own power supply.
I still do not try anything because I got everything yesterday and I imagine that later in the afternoon I will finally be able to mess with it, I have read information about what you comment about the consumption with 2.5 usb external hdds without feeding, which gave consumption problems and heating the mini usb connectors even to burn them, but I have also seen information that with this transformer those problems had disappeared to people who had the problems you mentioned "https://www.amazon.es/NorthPada-Raspberry-Cargador-Alimentaci%C3%B3n-Conmutador/dp/B01MT8V4YZ/ref=lp_4898298031_1_1?srs=4898298031&ie=UTF8&qid=1517049239&sr=8-1"I will be testing these days and looking if it gets hot and I'll tell you. If you know any information about it I would appreciate it to take it into account. A greeting.